Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Best Sewing Peddle Gripper >

Best Sewing Peddle Gripper

Best Sewing Peddle Gripper

Old 01-26-2017, 11:33 AM

Default Best Sewing Peddle Gripper

I have wooden floors and need a no slip thingy to put my sewing machine peddle on so it doesn't move. What is you favorite one?
Old 01-26-2017, 11:40 AM

Shelf liner from the Dollar Store works, but the throw rug liner from the big box store is better.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:43 AM
Power Poster

I have one that is called neezease. I am not sure of the spelling. I had a real problem with my petal slipping and my right knee was giving me trouble from hours at the machine. This little lift and grip peddle holder really did the trick to help with both problems.
Hubby bought it for me at Sewing with Nancy's store site on line. It was kind of hard to find it there. we kept searching, and eventually we did find it there and got it sent to me. I love it.

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 01-26-2017 at 11:47 AM.
Old 01-26-2017, 12:04 PM
Power Poster

I also sew on hardwood floors. I think I have tried everything. The only thing that worked for me was a piece of wood. One machine is in a SewEZI cabinet, positioned next to my dining room table, so basically out in the middle of the room. I put a thin strip of wood, almost the exact size & shape of a hardware store wooden yardstick, against the legs of the table, then butted the pedal against that.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]566796[/ATTACH]

I have another machine that's against the wall and I have a piece of masonite between the wall and the pedal. You have to check the thickness of whatever you use because some things may keep the pedal from fully operating.
Attached Thumbnails pedal.jpg  
Old 01-26-2017, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post
I also sew on hardwood floors. I think I have tried everything. The only thing that worked for me was a piece of wood. One machine is in a SewEZI cabinet, positioned next to my dining room table, so basically out in the middle of the room. I put a thin strip of wood, almost the exact size & shape of a hardware store wooden yardstick, against the legs of the table, then butted the pedal against that.

I have another machine that's against the wall and I have a piece of masonite between the wall and the pedal. You have to check the thickness of whatever you use because some things may keep the pedal from fully operating.
That is very creative I will look ande see if that could work for me.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222 View Post
I have one that is called neezease. I am not sure of the spelling. I had a real problem with my petal slipping and my right knee was giving me trouble from hours at the machine. This little lift and grip peddle holder really did the trick to help with both problems.
Hubby bought it for me at Sewing with Nancy's store site on line. It was kind of hard to find it there. we kept searching, and eventually we did find it there and got it sent to me. I love it.
I wanted to see what this was, so looked it up. Even on carpeting, I tend to push my pedal away. Here is a link for the item http://www.nancysnotions.com/product...z+foot+rest.do
Old 01-26-2017, 05:24 PM

Maybe this one shown at Nancy's Notions works because it's got two separate surfaces that are anti-skid, and the angle thing may help too. I may have to look at trying one of them.
I've never had anything that stopped my foot pedal from migrating away as I sew, and it sits on carpet. I've tried just about everything and the best I can do is slow the migration by using a peel and stick set of little teeth meant to keep furniture from digging in to carpet.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:59 PM

Has anyone tried the one by martelli? The reviews are good...but not sure which is best
Old 01-26-2017, 08:35 PM

I was using the shelf liner stuff but was still having troubles keeping it from going forward all the time. Than one day I came across a mouse pad that I had bought ages ago that I didn't like using with my computer mouse. The bottom is a soft rubber like material and the top has a big hump on it (I think it was suppose to support your wrist). I put my machine pedal of it and it works great. Does not move forward at all now.
Old 01-26-2017, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by PaperPrincess View Post

Very clever. Mine wanders side to side -- I think I will ask DS to think about this.