Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
lights >

lights

lights

Old 12-06-2022, 11:35 AM

Default lights

I can't avoid it anymore....I need a small light for my sewing machine that will help me see what I'm doing. I've googled sewing table lights and found two that might work. OttLite Flexible Soft Touch LED Clip Lamp and Cutterpillar Cordless LED Flex Sewing Machine Light

Anyone have experience with either of these or have something else they like? I prefer something that will clip on rather sit directly on my sewing table.

Old 12-06-2022, 11:36 AM

Hmmm, i'm interested in this question too. I have a small desk lamp behind my machine that i turn on at times to see the needle better.
Old 12-06-2022, 12:16 PM

I use a clamp-on lamp I got from Ikea for $10.

I wonder how long the batteries in the cordless LED lasts?
Old 12-06-2022, 01:08 PM
Power Poster

I use a flexible neck small lamp I got from IKEA. I don't have any place on my ​machine to clamp one. I put this one behind my machine out of my way and bend it over the top to aim at the needle area. It rarely gets in my way
Old 12-06-2022, 01:12 PM

I have the Ott LED cone clip on light, and I love it! I clip in on the carrying handle of my machines. Works well on both my machines. With the flexible neck, I can get light super close if I need to see things up close. I know the bulb is not replaceable, but I've have mind for a few years and it's still going strong.
Old 12-06-2022, 01:54 PM

I have one that sits on the floor. It is slimline LED lamp that has a floor base. It is similar to this one: Slimline LED floor lamp. It was a present so I don't know where they got it or how much it costs. It gives me good coverage and since it is so slim, it doesn't block any controls on my machine. I like that it sits on the floor and I can bend it like crazy. I have used it for other things (like making videos on my phone) and it works great.

I hope you find what you need.
Old 12-06-2022, 02:06 PM

I also have the one from IKEA that has a flexible curved neck, small light on it but powerful. Electric and only cost $10 from IKEA several years ago.
Old 12-06-2022, 05:34 PM

A fluorescent light over my cutting table that I switch on when I cut.
A fluorescent light over my design wall but I don’t use it. It makes my blocks look like they need pressing when they don’t.
Ceiling fixture with 4 bulbs.
2 floor lamps - one for the left & one for the right of my machine.
Old 12-06-2022, 08:12 PM

This is similar to the one I use....really like it. It's customizable to your specific machine...just cut to size

https://madamsew.com/products/sewing...ne-light-strip

it's pretty bright.
It is possible to remove it too...I was a bit concerned about that at first, because there are cord keepers that you can stick right on the machine to direct it and keep it out of the way. Didn't want anything permanent.

Last edited by 1CharmShort; 12-06-2022 at 08:15 PM.
Old 12-06-2022, 11:32 PM

I have a couple Stella lights. They're pricey, but totally worth it. They have several brightnesses and colors of light. I've also considered using my husband's "headlights" that he uses to work on cars. They really light things up and wouldn't get in the way when I'm quilting a big quilt like the ones that fit under the throat of the machine.