Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
lights >

lights

lights

Old 12-07-2022, 01:28 AM

I have those like 1charmshort shows in her post. Amazon sells a lot of those kind. I can't remember the brand I bought but they have been working on 2 of my machine for at least 5 years and still going strong. Mine are plug in not the USB type if that matters.
I also have a large Ott light that shines over the front area of my machine. AND my machine is in front of a window so I get LOTS of light from all over.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:24 AM

I've had one simular to the magnifer desk lamp. The lid lifts to provide a truly bright light that can easily move around the desk as needed. Currently I'm using it in the living room to help with my cross stitch. The sewing room also has the floor lamp. I've had both for over 15 years or more. Ottlite is the only light I want when I'm sewing.
Old 12-07-2022, 04:40 AM

I used a floor lamp with flexible arms similar to this one (found on Amazon) beforeI upgraded the lighting in my Workroom. About $50.
Old 12-07-2022, 06:12 AM

I use free standing pole lights. Each one has three separate lights on it that I can turn on separately and they all swivel, in that I can direct them where I want them/need them. They worked so well that I bought them for all three of my work stations.

Addlon Tree Floor Lamp

I found with having a light on my sewing table, I tended to keep having to move it while working on my quilts, because it kept getting in the way, defeating the purpose of having it to see better with.

he Pole lights or tree lights as they are sometimes called, could be placed anywhere close enough to my work stations and sewing table so that the fabric/quilt had room to go over back of the table without changing how I could see with the light and I didn't have to keep adjusting placement of the light,because it wasn't in the way of my fabric/ quilt as I was sewing.

Last edited by quiltsfor; 12-07-2022 at 06:18 AM.
Old 12-07-2022, 09:43 AM

I have two slimline LED lights. On with a base and one that attaches to the table. I also have an LED that attaches to the top of my machine with an adjustable neck to shine on the foot area. I need a lot of light!!! Having cataract surgery next Tuesday on the left eye and a couple weeks later the right. Hopefully that will help.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:32 AM

thanks for all the suggestions. Curious about the ones that stick to your machine. Some reviews say they don’t stay on, others that you can’t get them off! I found one that I’m going to try.
Old 12-11-2022, 07:53 AM
Power Poster

I just got a Stella 2. Surprisingly I found it a lot cheaper at another place, not my usual Amazon.
It's portable so I can use it anywhere I need it. I got the one w/o the clamp.
Old 12-11-2022, 08:44 AM
Power Poster

I bought a light bar on wheels. It is over my sewing machine. I loved it so much I bought another one for my cutting table. The ruler gripper with light from Cutterpillar is what I use when I need to see every stitch. Along with my Big Look I'm set for sewing black on black at midnight.

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/prod...ght-for-rulers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaR1...=biglooksewing

Last edited by Onebyone; 12-11-2022 at 08:50 AM.
Old 12-11-2022, 10:24 AM

I have "rope" led light string along the harp. It is amazine anod it has an adapter that fits into my lap top that is next to my mahilne as well las a regular plug in. Lowes's has them an sold by the foot or yard.
Old 12-12-2022, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by SusieQOH View Post
I just got a Stella 2. Surprisingly I found it a lot cheaper at another place, not my usual Amazon.
It's portable so I can use it anywhere I need it. I got the one w/o the clamp.
I have that one and the desktop one. I just love Stella lights and plan to replace my Ottlites as they burn out/go bad. The light is to nice from them,