Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures > Mission: Organization
Christmas present to myself >

Christmas present to myself

Christmas present to myself

Old 12-22-2022, 06:24 AM

Default Christmas present to myself

I got a label maker yesterday. The labels I’ve made for spice jars are easier to read now. On to the sewing room after Christmas !
Old 12-22-2022, 06:35 AM

I've had a Brother Label Maker for years, use it for most anything I want to know what's inside the container, etc. So easy to use, the label can be removed to replace with another one too. You can order various colors including metallic rolls of labels, change the size of the printing. Makes life so easy and who can't use easy these days.

When my sister bought her last house, there were so many switches on the walls in her kitchen, it got confusing which switch controlled which light so I made labels so she knew which switch was for which light. Those we didn't want our mother to touch I typed in "DNT" for do not touch as she has a habit of hitting all the switches until she found the correct one she wanted. Now she knows certain ones not to touch and which one she wants actually. So far I haven't done this to my new kitchen/sunroom...............don't ask me why I haven't but just haven't gotten around to it yet. Someday!
Old 12-23-2022, 05:37 AM

I bought one a few years ago and although I don't use it daily, it sure is handy when I do!

We have a large, deep built in closet in our bathroom. I have those 3-drawer plastic units on one shelf with all kinds of supplies. So I labeled each drawer - bandages, oral care (meaning toothbrush heads, floss and toothpaste), shaving, etc.. Now, I can go right to what I need without opening 4 drawers to get the item.
Old 12-23-2022, 07:12 AM

I love mine and have had it for years. I label all my chargers (seems every device has a different one) by wrapping it around the cord like a tag.
Old 12-23-2022, 10:17 AM
Power Poster

It seems the labels fall off after a little time. I have tried different brands of label tape too. Cleaned the area with alcohol first. The labels still falls off. Ugh.
I bought a lot of gifts for myself this year. I cut back on the gifts to family and bought me more. I don't feel guilty at all. In fact I love my gifts. LOL

Last edited by Onebyone; 12-23-2022 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-23-2022, 11:41 AM
Power Poster

There is no one who knows what you want like yourself. I know it sounds well .... selfish. I think you are doing the right thing. Why long for something and never get it? That's exactly what I did for myself this holiday too. I am happy about it and I have some things I really wanted.
Onebyone, try adding a dot of Beacon tacky glue.
Old 12-24-2022, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by tranum View Post
I got a label maker yesterday. The labels I’ve made for spice jars are easier to read now. On to the sewing room after Christmas !
That's a great idea to put labels on spice jars. I have some Tupperware spice containers that could use to be labeled. Thanks for the idea!
Old 01-11-2023, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

I have always wanted a label maker just have never purchased one. Just never knew which one to purchase. Trying to get my Christmas items in order my husband and I printed out labels on the computer and taped them on the tubs with wide tape. It's a shame when I realized how much Christmas stuff I have. I would buy things during the year for gifts and then put them away, when Christmas came around I could never find them. I now have two tubs that are labeled gifts. I have tubs labeled Boxes/Tins, Jars, Bags/Tissue, Home Decor., and gifts. Hopefully I am ready for next Christmas. That is of course I don't see something that I really like.

Happy New Year everyone.

BrendaK
Old 01-18-2023, 06:11 AM

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
I bought a lot of gifts for myself this year. I cut back on the gifts to family and bought me more. I don't feel guilty at all. In fact I love my gifts. LOL
I bought myself 3 gifts this year that have changed my life, all for the better. Why do we buy stuff we don't need, and say we aren't worth the important stuff?

I borrowed the neighbors label maker to use for the switches in our new 5th wheel RV. Not smart enough to work it out! My old label maker looked like the starship enterprise with a big dial to turn to the letters. Took awhile but any idiot could run it
Old 01-18-2023, 08:25 AM

Like KamalaQuilts, I used to have a manual one that looked like the Star Ship Enterprise. I used it a lot. I was just looking for a new label maker a couple of weeks ago. I'm not sure which one I should buy.