Favorite Super Bowl moment

Old 02-12-2023, 08:02 PM

Default Favorite Super Bowl moment

Now that the game is over, what was your favorite part or parts? My favorites were the tattered flag by Johnny Cash at the very beginning of the final countdown segment, and America the Beautiful by Babyface. Altho the special effects of the half time were visually impressive, the soloists of the national anthem and half time left me disappointed again, as did the commercials.

Last edited by SueZQ from MN; 02-12-2023 at 08:18 PM.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:28 PM

Being a Chiefs fan, I was happy with the outcome. But we aren't big NFL fans as in the past. But I love to watch for the commercials - my favorite was the John Travolta for the T Mobile commercial with the 2 guys from SCRUBS. Too bad the Manning Brothers didn't do one - they usually are hilarious, and with 2 brothers playing in the Super Bowl it would have been an in.
Old 02-13-2023, 07:17 AM

The Kelce brothers are a class act. Love them!! Go chiefs!!
Old 02-13-2023, 10:35 AM

Favorite Super Bowl moment for me was the outcome! Some of the commercials were good, many rang hollow. Loved the fly over, and passed on the half-time circus. Always like the after game interviews, and the joy the winners are experiencing. Love Andy Reid, and the Kelce brothers.
Old 02-13-2023, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

Only saw bit and pieces of it when walking through the tv area. DH changed channels during half time and never went back to watching the game. I did see the T mobile ad this morning and thought it was fun.

Old 02-13-2023, 11:43 AM

I was unable to watch the beginning of the game and then ended up missing large chunks later as well, but enjoyed the half-time show. For all the money spent on advertising, it seemed that some commercials tried too hard but we had a good laugh at the TUBI one as we had no idea what was being advertised and kept taking wild guesses. My husband ended up guessing right even though he didn't know the name of the service. I really don't know celebrity personalities so when watching commercials kept feeling like there was a joke in there that I didn't get. I didn't even know there was some significance to the two extra guys in the John Travolta commercial until quiltingcandy mentioned them. I'm glad I missed Terry Bradshaw's interview of Andy Reid.
Old 02-13-2023, 01:36 PM

My favorite ad was the one for the Ram pickup truck "Premature Electrification". I howled.

I'm a Mahomes fan, so I was happy they won, but the last 5 minutes sure had all of us scratching our heads. Why they stopped short of a guaranteed touchdown, and instead ran down the clock for a risky chance at a field goal.
Old 02-13-2023, 01:37 PM

Mine was the doggo commercial where they brought home a playmate for the doggo. (didn't watch the game, saw the commercial later)
Old 02-13-2023, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

We got home in time to watch the half time show which was fine enough. We weren't rooting for either team so just enjoyed the second half. Happy for the winners, sad for the losers. Seems like they are nice fellows. But, funny story - we took the two oldest grands to the movies years ago. Granddaughter was tiny and sat on Mr. Stitchnripper's knee, ate her popcorn, watched the movie. At the end, we said "what was your favorite part of the movie" and she said "The over part, so we can go home". We just laughed. She told her parents she liked the movie and had a good time. Her older brother laid in my lap and was sad when it was over. Now they are mostly grown. I guess for some the "over part" was the best part.
Old 02-14-2023, 03:46 AM

I loved Chris Stapleton's rendition of The Star Spangled Banner!