Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Piecing charge >

Piecing charge

Piecing charge

Old 04-12-2024, 08:39 AM
Power Poster

If somebody pieces it for her and somebody quilts it for her, will her label read "pieced and quilted by...". One of my dear friends always encourages me to put a label on. She quilts by checkbook and never puts the quilter's name on a label.
Old 04-13-2024, 05:52 AM

I made 8 quilted and bound placemats for a friend. That took me 20 hours, and I charged her $10 an hour. That seems low, but because she is a friend, I didn't charge her what I'm worth. I wouldn't take a piecing commission from anyone except a good friend. I have enough trouble finishng my own projects.
Old 05-14-2024, 08:22 AM

All pieces were already cut. I do NOT cut everything out at once in case adjustments are needed. That being said, had to make adjustments to get things to fit which would have been a lot easier if one of the stashing pieces had not been cut. That being said, I WILL NOT DO THIS AGAIN. To much stress.
Old 05-14-2024, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Unhappy

Originally Posted by catsden View Post
All pieces were already cut. I do NOT cut everything out at once in case adjustments are needed. That being said, had to make adjustments to get things to fit which would have been a lot easier if one of the stashing pieces had not been cut. That being said, I WILL NOT DO THIS AGAIN. To much stress.
You had been advised/warned !! : - |

Anyway, Thank you for the update.

Hope you charged her for the aggravation.
Old 05-15-2024, 04:50 AM

Sometimes, you just gotta learn the hard way.
My never again experience was agreeing to "fix" a quilt for a friend. It was a t-shirt flimsy that needed to be a quilt!! And, it was definitely not square blocks. More...willy-nilly. Ugh! By then, I didn't want to say forget it, so I did the best I could.
Now, I have no problem with the word: No.