Usps

Old 05-20-2024, 07:40 AM

Default Usps

anyone having trouble tracking pkgs through USPS? I am, it won't do anything and i put all the required numbers. I've never had trouble before but it just sits there. sigh. just wondering. ..
Old 05-20-2024, 08:40 AM

Yes, I had a package sit in one spot for 3 days. I just knew it was in a corner or on the floor somewhere. Seemed to go all over the south rather than taking a normal route. There was a notice about having problems with their tracking system. Maybe that's it.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:16 AM

ha! finally got it to work. seems it does go down every once in awhile. Why is beyond me.
Old 05-20-2024, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

The USPS around here has gotten awful. Both of the senators from my state have called Mr. DeJoy to come before a committee for questioning - there is a new distribution center going up around here to take all the mail from the surrounding post offices, but, it is behind schedule, I think understaffed, and the local post offices had sorting machines removed and probably understaffed. The post office closest to me has broken steps and seems like no budget to fix them. But the carriers, who are all very pleasant, are driving new vehicles. There are so many complaints from so many people around here. Someone mailed me a card on May 4th. I got it on May 15th. If I mail any first class mail as in letters or cards, across country it takes over two weeks to get there. Very frustrating
Old 05-21-2024, 04:41 AM

Recently I've been having issues also. So I type in the number and click "search" on the regular web, not USPS. Sometimes I can get it to go thru this way when I click farther down the screen where it says if you want to see what's going on. Can't remember exactly what it says but sometimes it will go thru then. Never can I get it to do anything if it's past 5pm and before 8am though. This didn't happen before but at least for a month now it has so you're not a lone.
Old 05-21-2024, 06:10 AM

long ago when i was swapping blocks around the world, I would go to a local post office but if it was past 1 O'clock, their computers conveniently went down and nothing could be processed going out of the Country!!! kid you not!
Old 05-21-2024, 11:25 AM

If the tracking function on the website doesn't seem to work, try a different web browser.
Old 05-21-2024, 01:39 PM

thanks, i did get it done.
Old 05-22-2024, 05:52 AM

I feel that our USPS is getting overwhelmed with packages they have to deliver. We use to get our mail around 1:00 and now it is more like 5:00. Our mail man has his whole back seat full with packages he has to get out of his car and take them up to the door of homes to deliver. It is frustrating.
Old 05-23-2024, 04:37 AM

Seems some of the states have changed their routine for forwarding mail from an old address to a new address. I sent my brother a fake letter to his old address just to see if it would be forwarded to his new. After waiting a month, it came back undeliverable. I've talked with both post offices also and they don't care for the new routine either.

We were waiting for a letter from the bank to be delivered to the new address and after waiting over 2 weeks it finally showed up. I'd called the bank to let them know we hadn't received it yet so they were going to send a new bank card. Now he'll have 2 cards to choose from to activate.

Their tracking system is the worse these days also. Can't even get anything to show up on their screen page.