Driving fore Diabetes

Old 02-16-2010, 08:34 PM
Power Poster

Well we are doing it again this year. Hubby is getting this going for the diabetic kids of nevada in cooperation with the local diabetes chapter.... I am just so proud of him.

This year I have a lap quilt I am donating for the auction that is held afterwards. I made it very plain. But, next year I will step it up, if this one does well for them. ( I will post a pic in the next couple of days.)

flyer/sign-up sheet
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11054[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-11054.jpe  
Old 02-16-2010, 11:01 PM
Google Goddess

Hi,

My husband was a diabetic since 4th grade. He is now 54 years old. In 1989 both of his kidneys failed and was on home dialysis but still worked a full time job.

On September 18, 1990 he got a new kidney and pancreas transplant and he is no longer a diabetic.

He received the kidney and pancreas, another guy got the other kidney, lady with lung, another lady with lung, heart to a guy. All of these transplants was done at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis, Indiana. Also the donor eyes, skin went to others in the northern part of the state. They closed all surgeries and called in extra help for all of these surgeries.

Karen "Craftybear"

Karen "Craftybear" Indiana, USA
Old 02-17-2010, 08:10 AM
Power Poster

Hubby's appendix burst on the operating table two years ago and that is when he was diagnosed while he was in the hospital. He was in a bad way, but god let him live. He was determined to give back in some way, so he approached the local chapter to coordinate this tournament. It really is doing well this year.

It sure does make you realize that we can go at any time. Doesn't it craftybear? I am so glad your hubby is doing well now. He sounds like my guy, works and works even when he should rest.