Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
April OR/WA Quilter's Open House >

April OR/WA Quilter's Open House

April OR/WA Quilter's Open House

Old 03-02-2010, 11:02 AM

Well I'm going to be optimistic and plan on having the pleasure of your company! I will PM my address and phone number in case you get lost or something comes up.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by omak
I can't join you, but I see that you would like to be able to donate a quilt to QOV ... have you considered fabric Bingo? 2.5" squares, five lines, yellow in one, red in one, blue in one, green in the fourth, and in the third position, pink and purple with a black square right in the middle.
Just a thought. Keep me in mind for the next one, eh? <wave>

SPARKY:
I made a quilt Bingo game last fall when we were getting ready for our quilt retreat at the beach....if you want me to bring it to the open house the end of March, I sure can .
Old 03-03-2010, 06:53 AM

That would be good, I made a block for our guild, but have not seen one put together.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:57 PM

Sparky-
Are we making a certain block or picking out our own pattern for the Soldier of Valor quilt?
What size did you have in mind? I want to come prepared!

I would like to do the fat quarter exchange again too!

AND IT IS ALMOST TIME!!!

Looking forward to seeing everyone and meeting more new friends :lol: :thumbup: :lol:
Alice
Old 03-11-2010, 04:53 PM

Looks like I get to come down after all! YAY!

Any theme to the fat quarters, or just any? And how many?

And I'd love to know about any blocks we're to bring (if we so choose, I'm sure), so I can prepare as well.

So excited! :)

Oh, and if any one else is planning on driving down and is along I-5 (around or south of Tacoma, anyway), I'd be maybe up for driving together.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:57 PM

Well the time for our get together is will be here by the end of the month. So far it's looking good for attendance, but more are always welcome. Here is who I have now that will be trying to come.
Dunster
Jowyoz
yourstrulyquilts
Feathers
sew cornie
Bstanbro
2 Doods
ORSunshineQuilter
ladygen
quilttiludrop
winewoman

I don't want to be the quilt police, just thought it might be fun to put a quilt together. Some who are not able to come have expressed an interest in contributing. But in no way do I intend that making a quilt is a requirement for attending the open house!!!
I hope the group can come up with an idea for the type of quilt the wish to make if they choose to do so and pattern or block size.
So maybe we can get some activity on this thread with such a discussion. In case everyone doesn't have a chance to see it, maybe we should finalize plans at the meeting. I don't have much planned for the meeting. I thought we would enjoy show and tell and I'll try and have a few munchies available. Last time we did a fat quarter exchange. I thought it would be good to continue the "tradition". Any other ideas?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:02 PM

It sounds really good to me. I think having it unstructured is the best idea. That way we can do the chit-chat and exchange ideas, etc. I'm so looking forward to this!
YTQ
Old 03-11-2010, 07:09 PM
Power Poster

I had so much fun last time just chatting and doing show-and-tell, so unstructured is fine with me. I'm behind in all my projects so I probably wouldn't be much help with a group quilt at this time. I just hope lots of people bring things to show - new projects or old.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:09 AM

Originally Posted by Sparky
Well the time for our get together is will be here by the end of the month. So far it's looking good for attendance, but more are always welcome. Here is who I have now that will be trying to come.
Dunster
Jowyoz
yourstrulyquilts
Feathers
sew cornie
Bstanbro
2 Doods
ORSunshineQuilter
ladygen
quilttiludrop
winewoman

I don't want to be the quilt police, just thought it might be fun to put a quilt together. Some who are not able to come have expressed an interest in contributing. But in no way do I intend that making a quilt is a requirement for attending the open house!!!
I hope the group can come up with an idea for the type of quilt the wish to make if they choose to do so and pattern or block size.
So maybe we can get some activity on this thread with such a discussion. In case everyone doesn't have a chance to see it, maybe we should finalize plans at the meeting. I don't have much planned for the meeting. I thought we would enjoy show and tell and I'll try and have a few munchies available. Last time we did a fat quarter exchange. I thought it would be good to continue the "tradition". Any other ideas?
Hi Sparky:
I think I'm confused...at one point I thought I understood we'd all make a block for a quilt for the Quilts of Valor and then put everyone's blocks together for 1 quilt. I'm now wondering if it isn't each of us making individual quilts ? I'm good either way. I checked out the Quilts Of Valor site and they indicate minimum size for the quilts is 50 inchex x 60 inches but the IDEAL size they want are 54 inches by 67 inches. I'm not great at math but I think 12 inch blocks with sashings and binding would make the correct or close to IDEAL-sized quilt in a 3 block x 4 block arrangement. Am I close to what the idea is for the Quilt of Valor ?

THEY DO NOT WANT QEEN/KING SIZED QUILTS.

I'm excited about the open house. I just pm'd you, Sparky about what I can bring. Feathers
Old 03-12-2010, 05:11 AM

Ladygen: So glad you get to come to the open hosue. We had such fun at our first get-together. Drive carefully.