Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > For Vintage & Antique Machine Enthusiasts
Singer 191J vintage sewing machine >

Singer 191J vintage sewing machine

Singer 191J vintage sewing machine

Old 12-14-2021, 05:49 AM

Well, I had a nice long reply for you with information about Singer factories, but the system ate it or it went to alphabet heaven.

Do you have a manual? If not, any manual for a 191 should be the same, as the "J" just indicates it was made in the Canadian factory.

What do you need to know? Do you sew at all? Do you have any experience with older sewing machines? Let us know and we'll try to help.

bkay

Last edited by bkay; 12-14-2021 at 05:51 AM. Reason: punctuation
Old 12-14-2021, 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by Pegster2003 View Post
I am trying to find information about a Singer191J that was gifted to me. Can you help PLEASE
Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
... According to http://www.ismacs.net/singer_sewing_...s-100-199.html the domestic 191s were made from 1957 to 1962. ...
According to https://www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/191
There appears to be several other 191s as I have found references to the following with their country of manufacture.
191B France
191J Canada
191K Scotland
191M Italy
191R Mexico
191U Japan

As bkay asked and said
What do you need to know? Do you sew at all? Do you have any experience with older sewing machines? Let us know and we'll try to help.
There is a manual at https://www.manualslib.com/manual/36...1k.html#manual It is a picture only instruction manual. I'm guessing since it was made in so many countries they made the manual so no matter what language the same one could be used.

It takes class 15 bobbins and a 1 o'clock bobbin case and 130/705, aka 15x1, household sewing machine needles.

We like pictures. In order to post pictures on Quilting Board, you will probably need to reduce or compress the picture to a file size that is smaller than 2MB. How to post images can be found at https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...020-01-17-.pdf
Don't forget to scroll over to the far right to find and click on the "Upload" button.

I have found that only the big red "Reply" button or "Quote" work to give me the paper clip icon to work for adding pictures.
https://www.quiltingboard.com/attach...p-location.jpg

Some additional info regarding reducing images at post #4 and images for the scroll and upload button can be found at #5 of quilt block ID?

Another way to post pictures can be found at 2021/2022, 2.5” Birthday Swap

Or simply - Make sure pictures are smaller than 2MB
Click on red "Reply" button
Click on the paper clip icon
Click browse - choose picture/s. (only 5 allowed per post)
Once they show up as being loaded, Scroll over to the right side and click on "Upload"
After the pictures show up as being attached, you can close that window and go back to the screen to finish posting your post.

Janey - Neat people never make the exciting discoveries I do.
Not affiliated with off-site link(s)

Old 01-15-2022, 10:10 AM

Do not follow any links on the above post. It is spam.
bkay
Old 01-15-2022, 04:31 PM

bkay. My post is not spam !

I happen to know that there was a user that posted some spam. The user has been banned and the post deleted. I should have quoted it and then deleted the body of the post when I reported it. That way people will know that there was another post when you say "Do not follow any links on the above post. It is spam." If you quote and leave the body of the post, it will show all the links so you need to delete the body of the post, so there are no links still on the thread when the original spammer's post gets deleted.

Old 01-16-2022, 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by OurWorkbench View Post
bkay. My post is not spam !

I happen to know that there was a user that posted some spam. The user has been banned and the post deleted. I should have quoted it and then deleted the body of the post when I reported it. That way people will know that there was another post when you say "Do not follow any links on the above post. It is spam." If you quote and leave the body of the post, it will show all the links so you need to delete the body of the post, so there are no links still on the thread when the original spammer's post gets deleted.

I apologize for not reporting the spam in the correct way. Everyone knows you are not spam.
bkay
Old 10-11-2023, 08:37 AM

Hola, mi esposo, me trajo esta máquina, era de su abuela. podrías compartirme el manual por favor, quiero saber todas sus características y lo que se puede hacer con esta gran máquina. gracias.
Old 10-11-2023, 09:08 AM
Power Poster

I gave this machine to a friend many years ago. I no longer have the manual.
Old 10-11-2023, 10:17 AM

Hay un manual en https://www.manualslib.com/manual/36...nger-191k.html pero no es muy bueno.
ver también Singer 191J vintage sewing machine