Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
There are some sick people roaming about >

There are some sick people roaming about

There are some sick people roaming about

Old 12-12-2010, 10:43 AM

Yesterday our neighbor told my husband that someone poisoned his dog and the poor thing died. Now Max was a beautiful German Shepard who for all I can remember barked at the UPS guy alot. He must have hated brown trucks.
We have 3 dogs, and today we are going to go invest in a bark collar for our"shy" one who seems to like to bark at the drop of a hat.
Our neighbor said he found no tracks leading up to Max's area. But it had snowed a bit prior to him discovering Max being poisoned last week.
Such sick people, all it takes is knocking on the dog owners door and asking them to control their pups. We put ours in the shop or garage when they get a little rowdy in the middle of the night.
Old 12-12-2010, 10:56 AM

I agree! My Fawn Dobe< Tanner > "disappeared" because these "people" came to our farm to buy hay and had their female in heat on the back of the truck. My dog evidently "followed" her home and they knew where he belonged and their kids told my DGS that he was shot because he was trespassing! I had up posters and looks like they could have called and said he is here instead of what we were told happened to him. I have one thought for them KARMA!!!!!
Old 12-12-2010, 11:01 AM

I do not understand how people can ever expect to be happy with their lives when they live with those thoughts and actions. Don't they realize there is a reason for goodness?

Of course, the problem is, we have to live among them and they affect our lives, sometimes in really awful ways!

Bad Karma to them!!

Originally Posted by Mimito2
I agree! My Fawn Dobe< Tanner > "disappeared" because these "people" came to our farm to buy hay and had their female in heat on the back of the truck. My dog evidently "followed" her home and they knew where he belonged and their kids told my DGS that he was shot because he was trespassing! I had up posters and looks like they could have called and said he is here instead of what we were told happened to him. I have one thought for them KARMA!!!!!

Sadly, that is so true - there are some sick people roaming about. I am so sorry about Max. My dogs are in and out. In the cold weather, like today - 30 degrees with the north wind blowing about 500 miles an hour, my dogs like to stay outside. Once they start barking, I get them in. Barking dogs are not pleasant to the ears, but any responsible dog owner would take care of that problem on their own. If someone would poison a dog or cat, I wouldn't trust them for nothing.

unfortunately there are a lot of people who will not respond to neighbors' complaints about their barking dogs. "Dogs bark, that's what they do" is their response. Plus they are not at home and leave the dog tied up to bark his head off.
Some neighbors get frustrated.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:05 AM

heartache for the little ones who depend on us
Old 12-12-2010, 11:15 AM

frustration at dog barking is understandable, killing them is inexcusable. if, after speaking with them, an owner doesn't take care of their dog, ie: discipline and training, then there is the spca or local dog control.

killing animals for doing what comes natural is never acceptable. it is always sad to hear about people who act like this. even sadder to think of the loss to the pet parents.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by ptquilts
unfortunately there are a lot of people who will not respond to neighbors' complaints about their barking dogs. "Dogs bark, that's what they do" is their response. Plus they are not at home and leave the dog tied up to bark his head off.
Some neighbors get frustrated.
That is the difference between a responsible owner and someone who can mark the box 'I have a dog'.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:21 AM

In our area you could report this to the police and they would serve time for cruelty to an animal. You cannot kill someones else's dog and get by with it. If you claim he attacked you first, you had better darn well have bite marks to prove it. It is also against our animal laws to have a female in season outside off a leash.
Old 12-12-2010, 11:29 AM

I HATE hearing that. However, we have 2 dogs behind us that bark at the drop of a hat. We can't walk into the back yard unless they have them in the front...they bark when we would step out to get a log of wood to put on the fire!!!!! They don't just bark (as if saying hi) they bark and growl and carry on like they'd eat us alive. I HATE that.....and sometimes I've thought about poisoning them. Does no good to talk to the owners....the adults in the family will stand right there and let them. On the other hand, a neighbor has Hootch. Hootch should be named Mootch -- he goes around mootching food and yes, we all feed him. He only barks at the meter reader, because he knows the meter reader will give him a biscuit. If anything were to happen to him, I'd be so upset!

I agree on the bark collar would make for less tension in the neighborhood. Has your neighbor told the sheriff? I doubt they'll do anything, but it should be on record.