Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 01-23-2011, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Qbee
He-he-he.....Bird houses are already coming ;)

Originally Posted by mim
I like the idea of bird houses -- could be a house, a nest, a hole in a tree with a bird on a branch --- Bird houses are funky things -- I have a lobster buoy made into a bird house -- a chickadee nested in it last year

Mim
Oh I love bird houses...this is so much fun, waiting to see what the next block will be.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by cbridges22
I like the idea of just one thread with conversation and Pics,I am having a heck of a time keeping up with two.
Me too...thought maybe it was just me...but I did put both topics under my bookmarks & that does make it so much easier.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:52 AM

Originally Posted by janet conn
Hi, I'm not into paper piecing.Applique is my bag. Fat Cat patterns has a nice pattern that i"m using for the church. Peewee from Pa.
Janet I am so with you the PP, I have so avoided it.Then my whole mood dropped when I saw the very first BOM was PP. Are we allowed to just use fusible? it wouldn't be PP it would be applique...is that breaking any sort of rules? Gosh I could have my church finished & post a pic if I could do fusible.
Old 01-23-2011, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by Laura F
I'm new at BOM and was wondering if others are working on quilt projects along with the blocks.
Yes Laura I have christmas projects for next year I am currently working on along with several other projects...ie crocheting & embroidery. I think that is typical of us quilty types...lol
Old 01-23-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by craftiladi
Originally Posted by janet conn
Hi, I'm not into paper piecing.Applique is my bag. Fat Cat patterns has a nice pattern that i"m using for the church. Peewee from Pa.
Janet I am so with you the PP, I have so avoided it.Then my whole mood dropped when I saw the very first BOM was PP. Are we allowed to just use fusible? it wouldn't be PP it would be applique...is that breaking any sort of rules? Gosh I could have my church finished & post a pic if I could do fusible.
I had never done PP and thought it was something I would not like. I tried it on the BOM church and love it! Can't stop trying more patterns! I even converted an applique pattern to a PP one!
Old 01-23-2011, 10:08 AM

ok now, ya'll can stop with the BOM's any time now, I was already doing 3 and now I've found 2 more <sigh>

Originally Posted by jeafro12305
I have so many quilts in the making that for a few months, I will just collect the patterns of the new ones that I want to make. I have to finish some first. I have at least 4 almost finished. I am going to do this house BOM, Meadowsweet BOM that I printed last year, an animal quilt for my grandson and a Scout quilt for my other grandson next. There are many free BOM online and I collect the ones that I like. A few are: Favorite Flowers BOM by Debbie Mumm, Fiesta BOM at Fatcat patterns, Granny's Hankie BOM, Home, Sweet Home BOM, Jewels in the Crown BOM and Summer Daze BOM and Purses by With Needle and Thread BOM. I am just addicted but do not like to buy patterns when there are so many free ones online. That's all the more fabric that I can buy. Maybe some of you are interested in these. They are still free because it is still January. Some are only posted for 1 month before you have to pay for them. Others are left up for a couple of months. I hope this info helps some of you.
Jean from Pgh., PA
Old 01-23-2011, 11:59 AM
mim

If you go to Carok Doaks website she has lots of free PP patterns -- Mim

[ quote]
I had never done PP and thought it was something I would not like. I tried it on the BOM church and love it! Can't stop trying more patterns! I even converted an applique pattern to a PP one![/quote]
Old 01-23-2011, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by mim
She has a yahoo group too!!
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM

HELP!!
I can't get the pages for the church template to print out the same size. One is 1", the other is 1 1/4" and the last one is less than an inch. I have checked and I don't have "scale to fit" checkmarked. Could it be because this is printout like a photo? And if yes, what do I do? Thanks for any help given!!
Old 01-24-2011, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by mim

[ quote]
I had never done PP and thought it was something I would not like. I tried it on the BOM church and love it! Can't stop trying more patterns! I even converted an applique pattern to a PP one!
[/quote]

Wow, Carol Doaks has some fantastic patterns! I already printed out 2 or 3 of them.