Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011 >

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

BLOCKS OF THE MONTH - 1st of the Month, 2011

Old 01-24-2011, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by margie77072
HELP!!
I can't get the pages for the church template to print out the same size. One is 1", the other is 1 1/4" and the last one is less than an inch. I have checked and I don't have "scale to fit" checkmarked. Could it be because this is printout like a photo? And if yes, what do I do? Thanks for any help given!!
I had to use the reduce/enlarge function on my printer. I had to experiment a little until each the test square printed at exactly 1". I think there was only one that did not.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:33 PM

I can't believe that I still can't get the dang blasted templates to print out the same size. I even put it in a draw program. FRUSTRATED!!
Old 01-24-2011, 03:56 PM

I can't believe that I still can't get the dang blasted templates to print out the same size. I even put it in a draw program. FRUSTRATED!!
Margie,
Why don't yoy PM your a Email address, I'll save the pattern as a PDF and email it to you, maybe this will work.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:01 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by candi
Margie,
Why don't yoy PM your a Email address, I'll save the pattern as a PDF and email it to you, maybe this will work.
sorry to use you as a public example, candi, but i must remind everyone that doing this is a violation of copyright law. please do not suggest the practice or offer to engage in the practice.

having to adusting printer settings in order to get properly sized pattern prints can be annoying, i know. but, that's what needs to be done if having the block finish to exactly the intended size is critically necessary.

in the case of this BOM, i don't think it is critically necessary to have a super-precice pattern printout. if all the pieces fit together when Margie uses the pattern as it comes out of her printer, an easy way to ensure the block ends up the "right" size is to use oversized pieces of fabric for all the outer parts of the pattern. leaves lots of fabric hanging past the seam allowances marked on the paper. then she can square it back to the right size. :-)
Old 01-25-2011, 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Margie,
sorry to use you as a public example, candi, but i must remind everyone that doing this is a violation of copyright law. please do not suggest the practice or offer to engage in the practice.

having to adusting printer settings in order to get properly sized pattern prints can be annoying, i know. but, that's what needs to be done if having the block finish to exactly the intended size is critically necessary.

in the case of this BOM, i don't think it is critically necessary to have a super-precice pattern printout. if all the pieces fit together when Margie uses the pattern as it comes out of her printer, an easy way to ensure the block ends up the "right" size is to use oversized pieces of fabric for all the outer parts of the pattern. leaves lots of fabric hanging past the seam allowances marked on the paper. then she can square it back to the right size. :-)
Patrice,
I appreciate your guidance. However, does the copyright law apply for these free patterns in this way? I mean we all have access to it with no pass codes or fees, and we all need to print it in order to make the block, I guess I didn't think I am violating any laws here by printing a free pattern and giving it to someone who is having hard time printing it, after all, try do have access to it. Sorry, I was just trying to help.
Old 01-25-2011, 06:28 AM

7 more days!!!
Old 01-25-2011, 06:43 AM
Administrator

Sorry, I was just trying to help.
my intent was not to accuse you of deliberate wrongdoing, or to make you feed badly. cross my heart.

but, no, you cannot use any means to replicate somebody else's work without her/his written permission, even if it is offered free.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:09 AM

my intent was not to accuse you of deliberate wrongdoing, or to make you feed badly. cross my heart.

but, no, you cannot use any means to replicate somebody else's work without her/his written permission, even if it is offered free.
Wow, I did not know this. I also offered to print and mail. Thank you for this new information. :thumbup:
Old 01-25-2011, 07:44 AM

Thanks, Patrice. Good to know.
Old 01-25-2011, 09:45 AM

k, the embellishments are done, I still need to stitch around the cross and the little round window

I think it looks a little crooked???
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167619[/ATTACH]

the "stars' are the heat set rhinestones for clothing
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167622[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-167614.jpe   attachment-167617.jpe