Old 01-25-2011, 05:25 AM
candi

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
Originally Posted by candi
Originally Posted by margie77072
I can't believe that I still can't get the dang blasted templates to print out the same size. I even put it in a draw program. FRUSTRATED!!
Margie,
Why don't yoy PM your a Email address, I'll save the pattern as a PDF and email it to you, maybe this will work.
sorry to use you as a public example, candi, but i must remind everyone that doing this is a violation of copyright law. please do not suggest the practice or offer to engage in the practice.

having to adusting printer settings in order to get properly sized pattern prints can be annoying, i know. but, that's what needs to be done if having the block finish to exactly the intended size is critically necessary.

in the case of this BOM, i don't think it is critically necessary to have a super-precice pattern printout. if all the pieces fit together when Margie uses the pattern as it comes out of her printer, an easy way to ensure the block ends up the "right" size is to use oversized pieces of fabric for all the outer parts of the pattern. leaves lots of fabric hanging past the seam allowances marked on the paper. then she can square it back to the right size. :-)
Patrice,
I appreciate your guidance. However, does the copyright law apply for these free patterns in this way? I mean we all have access to it with no pass codes or fees, and we all need to print it in order to make the block, I guess I didn't think I am violating any laws here by printing a free pattern and giving it to someone who is having hard time printing it, after all, try do have access to it. Sorry, I was just trying to help.