Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP- 5 Inch Scrappy strips Swap…Registration EXTENDED  until the 18th of the month... >

CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP- 5 Inch Scrappy strips Swap…Registration EXTENDED until the 18th of the month...

CLOSED FOR SIGN-UP- 5 Inch Scrappy strips Swap…Registration EXTENDED until the 18th of the month...

Old 02-08-2011, 09:54 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

LuvTooQuilt is hosting another swap!!! ……. 5 Inch strips…

Registration is open until the 15th of the month... EXTENDING MAILING DATE TILL THE 18th

Each swapper will submit 10 random 5inxWOF (selvage to selvage) strips from the same color family. You may participate in any color family listed for that particular month up to FIVE sets.

I will trade bag for bag from another fellow swapper- they will not be removed from their original baggies and inspected...This will be on the honor system. Please be aware that you may receive V cuts (at the center folds) as I cannot claim perfection each and every time from me or another swapper... So please be sure your strips are carefully rotary cut to the best of your ability from 100% cotton fabric. If you are looking for perfection this swap may not be for you. Also, whereas I may be a pet free smoke free home, other swappers may not be…

Keep in mind that your strips could end up in a child's quilt. Select fabrics that will hold up to a lot of love, wear, tears, draggin', cuddlin', washing, and trips through the dryer. Fabrics that fray easily, or are fairly easy to see through are not good candidates for this swap.

Reminders and swap rules can be found here - http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-20154-1.htm

Here’s how it works:

In your packet to me you will enclose:

• Ziploc bag with 10 ct – random 5inxWOF (selvage to selvage) strips from the same color family
• WRITTEN legibly with a sharpie marker or pen, ON each of the Ziploc bags the color family the bag consists of; Ie- uglies & busy
• INCLUDE your screen name loose IN your baggies on a small piece of paper along with SET amounts.
***Example- I would like to do 4 (four) sets - ((4 sets mean that I would send 4 separate Ziploc bags of 10 random strips from any color families I have chosen to participate in)) so IN each of my Ziploc bags will have a written legibly on a loose scrap piece of paper with the following information:

luvTooQuilt X4 - Uglies & busy, yellow, green , red

• You may also include INSIDE and LOOSE but not mandatory, your real name, mailing address, should your envelope be swallowed by the USPS machines for identification purposes- an adhesive return label perhaps.?. )
• Keep in mind There is a FIVE SET limit in this swap
• 4-5 sets fit in ONE priority flat rate envelope ($4.95)
• Also in your package INCLUDE a self adhesive return address label, and return priority postage. ($4.95) Postage stamps, PO money orders are acceptable. Should you require delivery confirmation- highly recommended!!! - An additional $.70 is required. Please remember that if you do not send enough return postage I will hold them until you send the difference. After 30 days, I will donate the unclaimed squares to charity. Do not mail the return envelopes!!! Too hard to keep track of the envelopes.... (PM me for international info)

I would like to have these in hand no later than the 20th of the month (so with a post mark no later than the 15th that should give the USPS ample time to deliver them with a day or two grace period. After the 16th, OVERNITE shipping is required to participate. International members need to send them to me sooner- PM for details

Please remember that any packages received after the 20th of the month will be automatically returned unswapped. Any member not fulfilling commitment will not be accepted in future swaps.

I will then swap bag for bag- color for color on the 21st thru 25th and hope to mail out anywhere from the 26th till end of month

@@@@@ Please PM me all the info below: @@@@@

Board name,
Which color sets you're doing
Date when you plan ship your package
Your real name
Your mailing address

@@ After all info has been rec’d & you have been approved I will add you to the list of swappers... @@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

This months color choices are:

1- Uglies & busy-
Any 10 different fabrics that you deem to be ugly and or Busy

2- Neutrals (Tan, Beige & off whites)-
Any 10 different fabrics of ANY combination of Tan (or very lite brown),Beige and or Off-white

3- yellow
Any 10 different fabrics that have Yellow or any shade of yellow anywhere in it.

4- Orange-
any 10 different fabrics that have Orange or any shade of orange anywhere in it.

* We need a min of total of TWO sets (2 members one set each) per color family or you will get your strips back..

I have two swaps going at the same time Please pm under subject Header - 5in scrappy swap-

If you have any questions please ask.. I am here to help..

Thanks everyone & Happy Quilting!!!
Old 02-08-2011, 10:04 AM

Location: A Hop from Heaven, a Skip from Sanity and a Jump from the Good Life....

Any comments from host will be posted here..

Recd Packages:

2/17
NurseBonnie

2/18
Shelrox
Gwenny

2/22
DonnaD
azmadgranny

I Will list swappers who have PM'd me for Group one here..

Group One: Uglies & busy

1. Momma-k - 2 sets...........RECD
2. azmadgranny 2 sets........RECD
3. Shelrox - 2 sets ............RECD
4. Me -luvtooquilt - 1 set
5. Donna D - 2 sets...........RECD

I Will list swappers who have PM'd me for Group two here..

Group two: NEUTRALS - Tan,beige & off white

1 nurse bonnie - 1 set- .....RECD
2 Gwenny.......................RECD
3 luvtooquilt
4 izzybelle.......................RECD
Old 02-08-2011, 10:05 AM

I Will list swappers who have PM'd me for Group three here..

Group Three : Yellow

1 nurse bonnie - 1 set...RECD
2 Shelrox - 2 sets.........RECD
3 luvTooQuilt - 1 set
Old 02-08-2011, 10:09 AM

I Will list swappers who have PM'd me for Group four here..

Group four : Orange

1 Momma-K - 1 set.............RECD
2 luvTooQuilt -1 set
Old 02-08-2011, 02:11 PM

ulgies and busy
Old 02-08-2011, 02:36 PM

group 1

2 sets

azmadgranny
Old 02-08-2011, 10:03 PM

Well this is not goin as well as planned.. :-(

Nobody else wanna play??
Old 02-08-2011, 10:17 PM

Honestly...haven't had time to read it yet...LOL! Hang on; let me read it right now :D