Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 ... LastLast

Thread: Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room)

Hi There,,, I want to first say, you (alaskansunshine) are Adorable!!! and your fabric storage is just amazing!!! Thank you so much for this really great tutorial on folding... I too have tons of fabric... and my oldest son recently moved out of our home (bless his heart, bought his own home at 23 yrs old) yes I am really proud of him ... so I finally have my dream "sewing/craft room" that I am really excited about decorating and making it a beautiful place for me to do what I love. I have bought some really neat shelving units and I'm so excited to have found your tutorial and to get started folding You are super sweet, and incredibly inspiring,, and thank you for helping so many of us fellow sewers.

me again.... Sasha aka Blndie444..... and I am now fully realizing how much work is put into folding fabrics like this .... I am ironing for smoothness (since all of mine have been stuffed into big containers for years... and folding and smoothing .... but still very very excited for the end result and will post if I can figure it out LOL ....... and ladies .... just a word of advice ..... "it is worth it ... we too can have a beautiful room like alaskansunshine :-) keep smiling and keep folding we will all be in a happier place when we are done

You are an awesome organizer, thanks for posting good pictures and clear instructions.
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com

Back home in Louisiana for now....where next?? who knows....
    WOW what a stash!!
    Myrna

They say money does not buy happiness, but it buys fabric & fabric makes me happy!!

What material is the boards?

I love love love this folding of fabric idea. So neat and tidy.

Great pictures!!! I have recently started to put my fabric on boards too. I am on my third pack of 100! It sure makes it easy to see what fabric a person really has. I even had doubles of a few fabrics (I work at a fabric store, so I am always purchasing remants). I think I will start using boards for my smaller pieces like you have done as well.

Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by kayede8 View Post
    What material is the boards?
    They are called comic book boards. Acid free. They come in packs of 100 for about $10 - $13. They are sold on Amazon, ebay and at comic book stores.

Just love this u have done, I keep going back to it and hope they do not take it off.......
    http://signatures.mylivesignature.co...C68D6DB95A.png
    Quilting With A Friend Will Keep You In Stitches

I thought I was organized. You put me to shame. I wish you lived closer. I'd love to gather more tips from you.
    Thanks for the tutorial!

Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 39 48 49 50 ... LastLast