Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Basting using Elmer's Glue and boards with pictures

BCM
    Thank you for the tutorial. Do you have your batting in place when you start to unroll?

Washington, playing with my fabric stash!
    Blog Entries
    Great tutorial, thank you!

Linda

Amazing Grace, how sweet the sound, that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost but now am found, was blind, but now I see.
    [John Newton (1725-1807)]

amh
    Excellent tutorial. Thanks for taking the time to post it. I have several large quilts to prepare for FMQ, and will certainly try this method.
    Aileen
    Saskatoon SK Canada

I am a longarmer....but would definitely do this on a small quilt that I might do on my Bernina. I use the Elmer's glue method for applying binding, (Sharon Schamber's youtube video is great for learning the method). I tell everyone Elmer's school glue is my new best quilting friend. I have used it to tack applique pieces also. Thanks for the tut...brilliant!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the tute.
    ranger
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Life...you muddle your way through it and then you die!

This is fantastic! How do you attach it to the board at the beginning?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaynie View Post
    I am a longarmer....but would definitely do this on a small quilt that I might do on my Bernina. I use the Elmer's glue method for applying binding, (Sharon Schamber's youtube video is great for learning the method). I tell everyone Elmer's school glue is my new best quilting friend. I have used it to tack applique pieces also. Thanks for the tut...brilliant!
    I'm pretty sure Sharon also has a you tube video on the the board and glue method for basting your quilt layers. Might want to check hers out, also, I think it's been out there for a while. Each one probably has something to offer.

Interesting method - layering is the biggest challenge for me. May have to try this.

Thank you for the tute! I've sent my last couple of quilts to a long-armer, but this will owrk great for me for smaller quilts.
    When someone mentions quilting, I go to pieces!

I purchased trim boards which are 1/2" x 3 1/2" x 8 feet long. No sanding needed. I am going to use the hint to cover them with flannel. I use Sharon Schambers method for basting my quilts but have used quilter's safety pins instead of needle and thread. Have glue will baste, LOL. Now!

Thanks for the tute.
    Sweet Caroline

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast