Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Cathedral Window rolled type binding

Thanks for the instructions, very nice work!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dilyn View Post
    When I posted my ‘Pinklet’ quilt yesterday I received several requests for a tutorial on the technique I used for my binding. I had some quilting practice pieces leftover from another quilt. I had used it to play with stitch length and tension so it’s not very pretty but it worked for this purpose. Come to think of it, I will probably use it as a large mug rug at my desk. Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Most of the time the binding is turned to the front and the edge of the binding is stitched along the seam line where the binding was attached. But if you do that then the seam line would show under the scallop so how far in do you fold the binding to make the scallop and not show the seam line. Also then at the corner you have to fold it right on the seam line for the mitererd corner so again how do you get the scallop without the seam line showing. I must be very dense as I just can't figure this out.

Awesome!!! Thank you sew much for the great tute! I'm definitely going to try this on the quilt I'm working on now.

Do you mean on the back? In order to have it look nice on the back of the quilt the binding and backing would need to be of the same fabric because the seam will show. If the backing and binding are the same (or very similar) it will not show as much. If you are talking about the seam line showing on the front of the quilt, it doesn't show because you don't roll it back far enough for the seam to show. And remember you can make the binding a little wider of you are worried about the seam showing.

Oh, I just LOVE your idea! Thanks and what a great tut!

Great tute. Thank you. Now I have to make another quilt so I can try this!
    Dirty1mom
    Cleveland, OH

Thank you for the tutorial. I don't have a project for it yet, but will it in my files.

Blog Entries
    What a great way to do this binding. Very impressed with it. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Bless you.

Thank You

I have never seen this type of border before and when I saw your Pinklet I was amazed at the border. You have made the process seem so easy while the effect looks complicated. Thanks again.

thank you for sharing.
    a great variation for binding. love the look.
    Renea

A quilting I will go......

www.somethinginthemaking.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast