Here are the directions for Give Kids the World Pillowcases. I've had several requests for this.
One yard of flannel will make 4 pillows. Novelty prints in cotton/flannel is used for the pocket. I yd. will make 12 pockets.
1. Cut the plain pillow fabric into 36 inch lengths. The pockets are cut into 12 inch lengths.
2.On the pillow fabric make a hem on BOTH raw edges. (do not sew selvages). Turn down fabric about 1/4 to 1/2": taking up about an inch to 1 1/2" Accuracy is not critical. On the pocket material, hem on raw end only.
3. Match the hemmed edge of pocket & pillow. Sew the pocket material strip to the pillow fabric, right sides together along the length that is not hemmed.
4. Take the fabric back to the cutting board and fold the pocket material toward the center(wrong side of pocket material to right side of pillow material). Lay a ruler at the pocket where it is sewn and measure 15 inches.
5. Fold the pillow fabric over the ruler with the fabric right side together. Then fold the other end on top of the end you just folded(where the pocket is sewn).
6. Now cut the flannel lengthwise into 4 pieces approx. 10 1/2 to 11" wide. Flannel comes in different widths, so just divide the flannel into fourths and don't worry about the selvages, they will be sewn or serged over.
7. Make sure the pocket in the font and opening in the back are opposite. The overlap on the back needs to be at least 2 inches.
8. Use your serger or a straight and then zigzag stitch to finish the seam. Clip corner and turn the pillow to right side.
9. The FINISHED size of the pillow/pocket will be (depending on your he widths, as well as the width of the flannel...as follows: Pillow 9 3/4 " to 10" wide X 15" long. Pocket is 9 3/4" to 10" wide X 11 1/2 inches long.
These are the directions I was sent from the organization. I think they are fairly confusing. I usually cut the flannel and pillow separately and then sew them one pillow at a time...just my way to handle it. After you make a few of these, you'll find the easiest way for you.
Here are pics I have of 2 different cases in the construction phase. I hope this helps
When you have completed these...go to the Give Kids the World website to find the address for sending the cases.
sewing pillow to pocket
right side of pillow to wrong side of pocket
folded RST to sew/serge the pillowcase
back side of pillowcase
front of completed pillowcase