Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: How to make a drawstring, two pocket bag using 2 squares

My 2 daughters are coming next week with GDs & this looks like a fun project to do with all of them. Thanks for such a clear tute. :thumbup:

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mommamac
    My 2 daughters are coming next week with GDs & this looks like a fun project to do with all of them. Thanks for such a clear tute. :thumbup:
    :thumbup: :thumbup:

Great tute. Thanks.

I love it! They are very cute. I'm going to make these for family and friends and also for our guild's boutique. Thanks so much for your time in teaching us. You did a perfect job.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallen
    I love it! They are very cute. I'm going to make these for family and friends and also for our guild's boutique. Thanks so much for your time in teaching us. You did a perfect job.
    Love to hear that your Guild can use them. Using it for ours too!

THANK YOU! That is neat. Can't wait to try it.

PS not only is it a great idea, the tut is a very good explanation of what could be a very confusing process.

Very cute will have to try this soon. Great gifts. Thanks a bunch for sharing.

np3
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bobquilt3
    THANK YOU! That is neat. Can't wait to try it.

PS not only is it a great idea, the tut is a very good explanation of what could be a very confusing process.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by kathyd
    np3 thanks for this tutorial.
    My grandma (age 103) is wanting me to make a bag for her to carry her room key and tissues in when she goes to meals at the assisted living place she is at and this will be perfect.

PS: Grandma sewed a lot and was always making pillows or jewelry bags for us granddaughters at Christmas. This will be perfect for her.
    Thanks again.
    kathyd
    Hey I'm quoting myself!
    I made Grandma's bag. Instead of sewing together 2 squares I used one large cloth napkin. I had picked up a package of 2 for $2 in the clearance at WalMart. Worked great. They were 19" square so just slightly larger than what np3 called for. I used some cording I had for the drawstring and sewed snaps and buttons on the pocket flaps. I think grandma will approve.
    As I was finishing this up I remember years ago making a bag similar to this out of much larger square of fabric! I still have it and use it now and then. It is a lot like a messenger bag.
    Thanks again np3!
    kathyd

np3 thanks for this tutorial.
    My grandma (age 103) is wanting me to make a bag for her to carry her room key and tissues in when she goes to meals at the assisted living place she is at and this will be perfect.

PS: Grandma sewed a lot and was always making pillows or jewelry bags for us granddaughters at Christmas. This will be perfect for her.
    Thanks again.
    kathyd
    Hey I'm quoting myself!
    I made Grandma's bag. Instead of sewing together 2 squares I used one large cloth napkin. I had picked up a package of 2 for $2 in the clearance at WalMart. Worked great. They were 19" square so just slightly larger than what np3 called for. I used some cording I had for the drawstring and sewed snaps and buttons on the pocket flaps. I think grandma will approve.
    As I was finishing this up I remember years ago making a bag similar to this out of much larger square of fabric! I still have it and use it now and then. It is a lot like a messenger bag.
    Thanks again np3!
    kathyd
    Pictures please!

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 11 12 13 ... LastLast