Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 156

Thread: How to make a drawstring, two pocket bag using 2 squares

  1. #26
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by dyer804
    Very cute bag and a great tutorial, very clear for us beginners. How big is the finished bag? Thanks for the tute!
    This one is about 6 inches high and 6 inches wide. But the size is determined by the size of the beginning square. You can play around with the sizes.

  2. #27
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    I think I will have to put these on my new list of to do's. I think I can follow this. These would be so cute for Gift bags with gift cards inside too. Cute..cute...Thank you.

  3. #28
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    I think I will have to put these on my new list of to do's. I think I can follow this. These would be so cute for Gift bags with gift cards inside too. Cute..cute...Thank you.
    I'm looking for buttons right now. I was thinking that I need to make more of the inside pocket fabric show ALL OF THE TIME!!

  4. #29
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by debbieumphress
    I think I will have to put these on my new list of to do's. I think I can follow this. These would be so cute for Gift bags with gift cards inside too. Cute..cute...Thank you.
    If you have any questions, you know where to find me! Very simple and fast.

  5. #30
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    These are so going on my Christmas list! You did a wonderful job on this tut. I shouldn't have any problems following it! Thank you for taking the time to do this for us!

  6. #31
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    These are so going on my Christmas list! You did a wonderful job on this tut. I shouldn't have any problems following it! Thank you for taking the time to do this for us!
    My pleasure! I love sharing these fun quick ideas. These would work for craft shows too! Different sizes, different fabrics!

  7. #32
    Power Poster cjomomma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Posts
    15,937
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    These are so going on my Christmas list! You did a wonderful job on this tut. I shouldn't have any problems following it! Thank you for taking the time to do this for us!
    My pleasure! I love sharing these fun quick ideas. These would work for craft shows too! Different sizes, different fabrics!
    Is that hint that maybe I should wipe a bunch these up for my booth? :-)

  8. #33
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    Quote Originally Posted by np3
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    These are so going on my Christmas list! You did a wonderful job on this tut. I shouldn't have any problems following it! Thank you for taking the time to do this for us!
    My pleasure! I love sharing these fun quick ideas. These would work for craft shows too! Different sizes, different fabrics!
    Is that hint that maybe I should wipe a bunch these up for my booth? :-)
    I think you could!

    You could also bring the cost down by making a fabric tube instead of cording. Use the contrasting fabric. Just an idea!

  9. #34
    Super Member emt2004's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    1,158
    Thanks for the wonderful tut, yoyu did a great job......michele

  10. #35
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by emt2004
    Thanks for the wonderful tut, yoyu did a great job......michele
    Thanks! I hope you try making it. I'm working on one that changes the fabrics around. I think it might work!

  11. #36
    Junior Member onthelake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    125
    Thanks for sharing. I've bookmarked it. A great project to do with daughter or granddaughter.

  12. #37
    Junior Member onthelake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    East Tennessee
    Posts
    125
    I want to make it and add a strap or cord for carrying.

  13. #38
    Super Member fivepaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    2,604
    Thank you so much. Your tute is so clear, I can't wait to try one. It is bookmarked.

  14. #39
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    DC metro area
    Posts
    1,250
    Thanks so much. I caught it when you first started posting and realized you weren't finished. So glad you were able to get it all posted today.

    You did a great job with the photos and instructions. I may try using this with some upholstery fabric samples I've picked up.

  15. #40
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Thanks everyone! These are all good ideas!

    I am working on a 2nd tutorial on how to change the squares so that you see more of each fabric. I'll have it done today too.

  16. #41
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    380
    Cute bag! Going to make some, I have emb machine so will embellish the outer pocket flap and put button holes to hold the flaps down on each side. Thanks for doing this tute!

  17. #42
    Senior Member auntbarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    akron ohio
    Posts
    456
    AWESOME TUTE! THKS SO MUCH!!

  18. #43
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by SassySewer53
    Cute bag! Going to make some, I have emb machine so will embellish the outer pocket flap and put button holes to hold the flaps down on each side. Thanks for doing this tute!
    The flaps stay down because of the way the casing is made. I am going to flip up an edge and sew a button to it so that the inside of the pocket shows!

  19. #44
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by auntbarb
    AWESOME TUTE! THKS SO MUCH!!
    :thumbup: :thumbup:

  20. #45
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by fivepaws
    Thank you so much. Your tute is so clear, I can't wait to try one. It is bookmarked.
    :thumbup: :thumbup:

  21. #46
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by onthelake
    Thanks for sharing. I've bookmarked it. A great project to do with daughter or granddaughter.
    Great idea!

  22. #47
    Junior Member krisgray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    287
    Cute! What are the dimensions of the finished bag?

  23. #48
    np3
    np3 is offline
    Power Poster np3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Bakersfield, CA
    Posts
    14,032
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by krisgray
    Cute! What are the dimensions of the finished bag?
    About 6 by 6 but you can change that with the size of the starting square.

  24. #49
    Power Poster
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    North Texas
    Posts
    10,710
    Blog Entries
    36
    Love it......too cute..

  25. #50
    Super Member SandyinZ4's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Southeast Idaho
    Posts
    3,154
    Blog Entries
    9
    This is a wonderful tut! I am going to try one before the week is over. Thanks ever so much. Great grand-daughter Xmas gifts!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.