Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Instructions for a Crayola Quilt

Blog Entries
    Wow !!!!! loving it more today, even than yesterday......have to try this THANK YOU again.

Quote Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
    Thank you for the tutorial. I think I will try this method for my next quilt label.
    .....oh oh oh I love that idea!
    Lynne

Thanks for your effort to give me and everyone the info about your quilt!! I am bookmarking it! jillnjo.
    jillnjo

Blog Entries
    That is beautiful. What kind of crayons did you use ? I have done a couple of baby quilts using crayons that are very cute. One hasn't been washed, so don't know how the crayons will hold up. The other one is done with fabric crayons that are supposed to be permanent but I didn't really like them. The colors were not as pretty and bright as regular crayons. I know a lot of crayola crayons are washable now and won't stay in but what about the old time crayons, if you can still get them? Just curious.

sassy granny

Quote Originally Posted by sassy granny View Post
    That is beautiful. What kind of crayons did you use ? I have done a couple of baby quilts using crayons that are very cute. One hasn't been washed, so don't know how the crayons will hold up. The other one is done with fabric crayons that are supposed to be permanent but I didn't really like them. The colors were not as pretty and bright as regular crayons. I know a lot of crayola crayons are washable now and won't stay in but what about the old time crayons, if you can still get them? Just curious.

sassy granny
    As I remember reading somewhere, you need to use the original Crayola Crayons, not the washable kind. The originals apparently have more pigment in them. I am going shopping this morning and look for the BIG box of Crayola Crayons with all of the colors.
    Sweet Caroline

Oh Janice! I am Thrilled, Thrilled, Thrilled that you posted this and showed us how you did it! I adored your blocks and this is just so great of you to clue us in on the process! Thanks!
    Lara B.
    ... My husband lets me buy all the fabric I can hide.

http://www.buzzinbumble.com/

You are very talented, looks like the orginal. I can't draw anything.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

[QUOTE=sassy granny;4971646]That is beautiful. What kind of crayons did you use ? I have done a couple of baby quilts using crayons that are very cute. One hasn't been washed, so don't know how the crayons will hold up. The other one is done with fabric crayons that are supposed to be permanent but I didn't really like them. The colors were not as pretty and bright as regular crayons. I know a lot of crayola crayons are washable now and won't stay in but what about the old time crayons, if you can still get them? Just curious.

Yes you can still get regular Crayola's and please use the (name brand) Crayola Crayons. They give such a pretty effect. I have never tried fabric crayons, and after completing the first 3 squares I'm happy with the way the regular ones blend.
    Always in Stitches,

So blessed in the opportunity of life, the gifts of nature, and the choice to do good to others. I'm thankful for this day.
    http://www.photographicendeavors.com

Blog Entries
    You are very, very talented. Your birds are really pretty.

Thank-you for the tut. My sister used an off brand embroidery thread to finish one of her embroidered quilt block. The red in the off brand bleed into the background making a mess. She only buys DMC now.
    Each day is a new beginning. adrian...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast