Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Joseph's Coat

Joseph's Coat

I was reading this thread and went and did a research for Georgia. I will do a small tut here to help her out.

Pattern

If you would like to try this quilt, go to the thread above and download the pdf that I uploaded.

Now here is the beginning of the block. I have never done this one before so I will post as I go along.

First, gather up all different fabrics or go to the link posted in the thread above to look at her quilt. Cut six wedges and six background.

I mark the centers of each one by just folding over and pressing a crease. There are three creases in the background and one crease for the middle of the wedges.

Pin the middle of one wedge to the middle of one background and pin through the 1/4 inch seam allowance at both ends.

Sew three wedge to one background, two wedges to 4 backgrounds and one wedge to one background (pics below).

I just set them together to see if they are ok. I will have to make at least three more blocks before deciding on the sewing together.

I will not square them off as I will leave them rounded at the edge.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Sew with the concave on top. Since this is a bias, it should go together well. I used my purple Thang to pull the fabric over the convex. My background is a very lite tone with roses. I will use many colors as this Joseph's coat.

Power Poster
    ​Nice tutorial.

Rosy,Thanks for this tute. It's so much easier than the other one. So nice for you to do this ,Blessings

Beautiful block, and a well put together easy to follow tutorial, thanks!
    In the garden of life everyone has a row to hoe, some people just have more weeds...

Always do right, it will gratify some and astonish the rest...Mark Twain

Power Poster
    It's going to be beautiful!
    SueDor

Wow, that is amazing. You have made it very clear and I do believe it will be something for the future. As a SABLE quilter I need every idea I can find.
    BettyGee, quilter on a Rocky Mountain High

Quote Originally Posted by BettyGee View Post
    Wow, that is amazing. You have made it very clear and I do believe it will be something for the future. As a SABLE quilter I need every idea I can find.
    First what is a SABLE quilter? Second: this Joseph coat is fascinating me....went to a local quilt show recently and sat in on a presentation on something very similar to this but her pattern is based on a circle that is segmented with four melon shapes and she hand pieced the melons to the center in a row doing two on each center, joining, and going on.......anyway end result seems to be the same as this.....my question after this long statement is: where is your pattern for your tutorial, I could not find it in the reference sites offered?

So interesting! Will try this and thanks!

Geri- go to the pattern link that Rosy gives in the first post above and then scroll to post no. 17. There is a link there.
    jillnjo

Beautiful block and will give this one a try. Great tut. Thanks!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 ... LastLast