Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Magic Crazy Patch Block aka Taming the Scrap Pile

Blog Entries
    [QUOTE=Elaine433;5812853]I found that same pattern by another name a year ago. It called for cutting all the strips in different widths or just using up scraps. I made this quilt for my DIL last year for Christmas. If I can figure how to, I will post a picture.
    Attachment 390610[/

I love the black sashing with the brights.
    Just passing through!

Quote Originally Posted by carslo View Post
    I have made 12 of these quilts without any foundation piece or sizing or spray starch. I have not had trouble with the bias going wonky and I use only scraps not precuts. I have used Warm and Natural, Bamboo, and polyester battings I like the nature fibers over the poly. I hope that helps.

Thank-you for the reply and advice CARSLO.. So sorry in my delay in thanks....a month good grief I guess I just missed your answer. All the same thank-you! :0)
    Smiles from Idaho,
    Onalee

"What if you woke up today with only the things you had thanked God for yesterday?" ~ Michael Hyatt

Blog Entries
    You are quite welcome

Quote Originally Posted by onaemtnest View Post

Thank-you for the reply and advice CARSLO.. So sorry in my delay in thanks....a month good grief I guess I just missed your answer. All the same thank-you! :0)
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

Great scrappy, and pattern!!
    Be a blessing to others, as you may entertain angels unaware!

Quote Originally Posted by quilt queen View Post
    String qults are so terrific...but I think I went about it the wrong way...I sewed my strips together...sandwiched it with cotton batting and flannel...and cut the blocks out..thinking I would sew the sandwiched sqs together, kinda like a quilt as you go...but I think I messed up...any ideas to what I can do which what I have created?? I really could use some advise..my sqs are about 15x15..alot of fabric and alot of time invested. Thanks for any advise that comes my way.
    Elaine already suggested using sashing strips to connect these together. You can use a 1" sashing strip on both sides and not have to do anything with the batting, although one tut I saw recommended using the tape to attach the batting pieces together.

If you want to attach the pieces together without sashing strips, you'll need to cut off the excess batting before sewing them together, or just after.

Blog Entries
    Really nice quilt and thanks for instructons.

DJ
    Thanks! My scraps really need to be tamed!
    DJ_____________________

Why didn't I think of this?? I'm working down4 drawers full of "scraps",,then it's on to the folded and boarded stuff.. have been doing the dryer sheet thing... and have abou 6 of Bonnie Hunter's Scrapy Trip around the world...but THIS is wonderful... thank you for this post
    I've been hanging out at M* for a while..thought i'd stop back for a visit.. Thank You for this wonderful idea!!
    "Each day well-lived and Happy
    that's all there is to LIFE!"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GrammaBabs View Post
    Why didn't I think of this?? I'm working down4 drawers full of "scraps",,then it's on to the folded and boarded stuff.. have been doing the dryer sheet thing... and have abou 6 of Bonnie Hunter's Scrapy Trip around the world...but THIS is wonderful... thank you for this post
    I've been hanging out at M* for a while..thought i'd stop back for a visit.. Thank You for this wonderful idea!!
    You're more than welcome!
    A bed without a quilt is like the night sky without stars.

http://californiaquilting.blogspot.com/

Thanks for the directions. I hate using paper or muslin. This is what I was looking for.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 LastLast