Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast

Thread: My Carpenter's Star Pattern

Hi everybody! I got several requests for the pattern for my Carpenter's Star so I am here to post it for everyone to enjoy!
    It's really quite a simple block to make, especially after you make the first one. Don't get me wrong though, I said simple, Not "Fast"! LOL I have made about 125 of these blocks so far. It took me all day when I first started. Now it takes me between 3 1/2 and 4 hours to make One. The pattern is made completely out of squares and half squares. If you have any questions, Please don't hesitate to ask! I'd be more than happy to help anybody. I hope this Homemade Pattern is written so that people can understand it. If not, let me know and I will make it clearer.
    NOTE: On the half square units, don't cut the squares into half squares until AFTER they are sewn. Mark your center line diagonally, sew together and then cut unit in two, to make 2 half square units. I hope that is what they are called anyways!
    Here's the pattern and Please post pictures of your first blocks and projects you make so I can see. I love pictures!

Carpenter's Star----Page 1
    Name:  Attachment-27117.jpe
Views: 9583
Size:  76.6 KB

Carpenter's Star----Page 2
    Name:  Attachment-27118.jpe
Views: 10244
Size:  73.5 KB

Thank you for doing that! <<<<>>>>

Blog Entries

Thanks for posting this. It is a beautiful pattern, and I have admired the quilts you have made with it.

Thank You so much for taking the time to make this great detail instruction.

Blog Entries
    You were asking about my avatar. It is basically the same shape as yours, but with the colors laid out differently. Mine is called Center Stage put out by Pieced Tree. Look them up on the Internet, they sell their patterns there. You will love how this pattern goes together. I have a feeling it will help you make your Carpenter's Star blocks much faster! :D

This is wonderful. I understood it just fine. I appreciate the visual aid too...sure makes my brain happy!

I can't wait to try this!

Blog Entries
    Thanks for the pattern. At first glance it looks hard, but your pattern and directions simplify it! Your quilt and pillow were beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
    Thanks for the pattern. At first glance it looks hard, but your pattern and directions simplify it! Your quilt and pillow were beautiful!
    Thank you so very much!

I was meant to find this post. I have a much larger finished size for the block. One big large block actually makes the quilt. I wanted to be able to make a smaller block first to see how my fabrics would go together. Thank you!

Page 1 of 17 1 2 11 ... LastLast