Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast

Thread: My Pinwheel disappearing 4 patch using charm packs!!

That is what I was wanting to know. How can you get it to 12 1/2". Thanks for answering that. :)

saf
    Thanks from me too. I'm going to put this in my sampler quilt that I will be starting this week. I want to make all the patches 12" finished and didn't know how to resize. All the advice on this site is better than the average book.

saf
    By the way, what is a QOV?

Quilts of Valor, for service people.

Blog Entries
    Did you turn the mat for the next to last picture? I lost my orientation to the block. ????

Could you draw a diagram of where you moved the pieces? I just cannot get it.

Quote Originally Posted by jljack
    Did you turn the mat for the next to last picture? I lost my orientation to the block. ????

Could you draw a diagram of where you moved the pieces? I just cannot get it.
    Yes, she turned it 1 quarter turn to the left. Just look at the pic before that (3rd fm. the last) where she has cut 1 1/4" fm. the center horizontal and center vertical seams. (be careful not to move the block while cutting). Then you leave the corners and very center pinwheel piece alone. Turn only the four 2 1/2'' by ??(depends on what size blocks you have made) pieces 180 degrees and resew the pieces tog.

I just noticed that in the 4th from the end, it is oriented differently. Just ignore the orientation and keep yours in whatever position you have yours. Oh, and be sure that at the very beginning when you are 1st cutting your 4 patch that you have both 4 patches in the same direction(main fabric top left). I did my 1st at 3a.m. and had one with the background in the top left. Not a pretty site, but it was way diff. fm. other bkgrnd. so I left it. :^) Even with bloops it is a pretty block.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    You did great in this tut. I am bookmarking it.
    I guess I'm just stupid, but how do you bookmark ? I'm new to the QB and don't know too much about a computer. I'm feeling my way around the board. I'm having a lot of fun and think I would have more if I knew how to get the most from my computer. I would rather be working on my quilts than the computer. haha
    I would appreciate the help.

Sassy granny

Quote Originally Posted by sassy granny
    Quote Originally Posted by cjomomma
    You did great in this tut. I am bookmarking it.
    I guess I'm just stupid, but how do you bookmark ? I'm new to the QB and don't know too much about a computer. I'm feeling my way around the board. I'm having a lot of fun and think I would have more if I knew how to get the most from my computer. I would rather be working on my quilts than the computer. haha
    I would appreciate the help.

Sassy granny
    Not stupid. Go to the top of the page and above the msg. is a tab 'bookmark'. Click on it and a box will open for you to type in. EX: could type 'D4P' and then to the right will see 'save'. Click on save and it will save to 'My Bookmarks'.
    To find it again, just click on 'My Bookmarks' which is on the 2nd line under 'Quilting Board - The Quilter's Message Board'
    and it will open up to all the pages you have bookmarked. Then click on whichever one you want. It is an awesome feature of this board.

Blog Entries
    Marcia, thank you so much. That was so simple, especially for a dummy. I was trying to start with my bookmarks, but that's normal for me. I always do things backwards. I guess I'm just a hands on person and have to have someone show me. I have several to go back and bookmark now.

Again, Thank you, Thank you

Sassy granny

Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 23 24 25 34 ... LastLast