Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Alaskasunshine's fabric folding( organizing your quilt room) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/alaskasunshines-fabric-folding-organizing-your-quilt-room-t43871.html)

Andi 04-27-2010 08:45 AM

I use the same basic method but I cheat and use my 6" X 12" ruler to wrap the fabric around.

damaquilts 04-27-2010 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Andi
I use the same basic method but I cheat and use my 6" X 12" ruler to wrap the fabric around.

Yes I did the same. And then stored in plastic baskets I got from Big Lots. Worked for me. I just couldn't afford all the plastic needed to store my fabric pieces.

fabric-holic 04-27-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by Andi

What a good idea.
I've been reading this thread and was almost ready to purchase the "bolt buddies" or try to make my own, but maybe I'll just do it your way.
Something has to be done QUICKLY to my fabric before it bursts through the windows in that room.
Thanks!

mirish2 04-27-2010 11:20 AM

Where do you find the clips (aka bolt buddies?) that hold your fabric?

poultney 04-27-2010 11:37 AM

Wow, great pics and such a big help. I am going to do this with my stash as well. I have located a sign store that will sell me sheets 18 x 24 for 2.00. I figure it will cost me more than what you got your 4'x8'. I will get 3 of the large and 6 of the fq boards from the 18 x 24. I am happy with that and I can't wait to start. Will go tomorrow to buy 25 of the boards. Have no idea how many I will need, but this will get me started and I can always go back for more. I did find the bolt buddies at ironpals.com, 200 for 38.00, so I am going to order them. Thanks so much for your inspiration. Also, did you note on each piece of fabric how much was in the piece? I am planning on doing this since I will have it spread out on the table and it will be a help in the future in determining if a piece I like has enough for the pattern I have selected. Sally

nana pat 04-27-2010 12:49 PM

I am green with envy. Wonderful organizing. Just two things...what are "bolt buddies" and what is "sign material"? Is the sign material,plastic, cardboard, coreboard, metal...?

sewsewquilter 04-27-2010 12:53 PM

Cool! Thanks

susiequilt 04-27-2010 01:01 PM

Another thing you can use besides bolt buddies is plastic coated large paper clips found at the drugstore. I think mine were 48 for $2.50 in the school supply aisle.

N.J.linda 04-27-2010 02:43 PM

What type of boards are you using?

alaskasunshine 04-27-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by nana pat
I am green with envy. Wonderful organizing. Just two things...what are "bolt buddies" and what is "sign material"? Is the sign material,plastic, cardboard, coreboard, metal...?

Please refer to the beginning of the tute. ;) Also the lady above you googled where to find bolt buddies. Happy folding. :-D