Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Bow Tuck Tote Pictorial Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/bow-tuck-tote-pictorial-tutorial-t55016.html)

Lindsey 04-03-2011 02:10 PM

I just bought the pattern today. Can't wait to try it. Hope to get alot out of your tute when I asemble mine. Thanks for posting.

Grandma58 04-06-2011 05:17 PM

Having published patterns, the price reflects the hours of work in coming up with and perfecting the pattern, the cost of production, the cost of printing. It is really a labor intensive project, I hope that helps answer your question.

Originally Posted by Mar_ie
I got my pattern through Amazon where the price was $10 & free shpg.
I had seen them on another site before Amazon & the price was $9 plus $4.99 shpg. I don't get that price for just a paper pattern.
I

There are sites were you can get patterns for free..
www.henriettashandbags.com for one ..[/quote]

peggy463 05-24-2011 09:50 PM

knlsmith, this is the coolest pictorial I have ever seen, and very thorough. THANK YOU!!! This is the kind of direction I can follow:-) Can you show it next to your hand. I can not see how big or small it actually is.
peggy

knlsmith 05-25-2011 07:16 AM

Originally Posted by peggy463
knlsmith, this is the coolest pictorial I have ever seen, and very thorough. THANK YOU!!! This is the kind of direction I can follow:-) Can you show it next to your hand. I can not see how big or small it actually is.
peggy

I modified the pattern to a size I like. It is more the size of the mini bow tuck. I don't have a pic handy, but I can put a gallon of milk in it to give you an idea of size. Hope this helps. And thanks so much for the kind words.

cattailsquilts 05-25-2011 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith

Originally Posted by Keeps Them In Stitches
I have bookmarked your Tut on t he Bow Tuck Tote as I appreciate the visual aids.

It looks like you are using the PFF (Pellon 987F Fusible Fleece). Would your recommend using regular batting as a substitute? Or could that make it too bulky?

I see no problem with it. I know others have used regular batting and basting spray. I haven't tried it. I have used NON fusible fleece and just ran basting stitch around the edge of it to the fabric.

I don't have any Pellon, I've made 4 or 5 of these just using Warm&Natural that I have on hand (I buy it by the Queen size roll). No problems so far!

TShooters 05-25-2011 07:42 AM

My last bowtuck, I used the regular Pellon fleece (about the same wt. as the fusible), and spray basted it. About $4/yd savings on the fleece.

knlsmith 05-25-2011 08:52 AM

That's what I love about patterns, they are like recipes for chilli. So many different ways to get a great outcome! :)

Valerie Scherr 06-22-2011 10:06 AM

wow and double wow you did a fantastic job thanks for the help.

JuneBillie 06-24-2011 09:43 AM

I guess this might be a weird question, but I was thinking of getting this pattern, and now wondering does the pattern just have instructions with the size of everything, but not actual pattern pieces to cut out to go by?

knlsmith 06-24-2011 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie
I guess this might be a weird question, but I was thinking of getting this pattern, and now wondering does the pattern just have instructions with the size of everything, but not actual pattern pieces to cut out to go by?

No pattern pieces, but it is really easy cutting. All squares and rectangles. I know you can do it! :)