Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Bow Tuck Tote Pictorial Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/bow-tuck-tote-pictorial-tutorial-t55016.html)

MiMi in Lutz 08-05-2010 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by Pat G

Originally Posted by azgal
Thanks! I have the pattern, too. But I've been a bit intimidated.... Hopefully this will help!

I ordered the mini pattern today. I'm sure this tute will clear up any confusion I may have. Sounds like everybody has trouble with their first one but from there, they seem to be easy. I'll see.............

I got my pattern through Amazon where the price was $10 & free shpg.
I had seen them on another site before Amazon & the price was $9 plus $4.99 shpg. I don't get that price for just a paper pattern.
I

I bought the pattern from a LQS and I really did not mind the money I paid for it until I started making it. Cutting it out was a breeze, but I like many are still stuck with the first step (pocket) when sewing it. I think for the money it costs, it could have included better instructions. I have been sewing for 45 yrs and never had this much trouble understanding the instructions for something I made. Very poor instructions... in my opinion.

nellie 08-07-2010 04:45 PM

thank you you make it look so easy

joann hussey 08-29-2010 11:59 AM

Good info, I will use this.
Thank you

dottie 09-05-2010 03:53 PM

Thanks for the great tutorial...just got my pattern in the mail yesterday....your tutorial will make it much easier.
dottie

knlsmith 09-06-2010 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by dottie
Thanks for the great tutorial...just got my pattern in the mail yesterday....your tutorial will make it much easier.
dottie

You will have sooo much fun! They are almost as bad as chocolate! LOL

charvan 09-06-2010 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
I have a tip. We get shoppers in the mail all the time. So I took newspaper and cut n taped it together bfore I made my first one. I do this a lot now. Helped a TON.

This is a great idea. I will try this before the fabric trial. I am sure this tute will help; the instructions on the pattern are not that clearly written, and this tute helps.

barbsmith 09-11-2010 10:15 AM

Thanks so much for your great tutorial. I have got to try this one.

Sandi19 09-11-2010 02:23 PM

I have had this pattern for several weeks, but I thought the directions were very confusing. Even though I've made 6 other types of purses/bags/totes, this one was a puzzle to me. I used your tutorial and finished my first bow tucks today. I kept checking your directions against the pattern. That really helped and I completed the purse. Wow, I love it. Thanks so much for the tutorial!

knlsmith 09-11-2010 03:12 PM

Woo hoo sandi! :D

joann hussey 09-12-2010 12:45 PM

I finished my Boe Tuck, it looks good but, how to finish the bottom after you pull it thru?