Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Candlequilter Star Block Paper Piece Pattern Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/candlequilter-star-block-paper-piece-pattern-tutorial-t129056.html)

suebee 03-14-2013 10:09 AM

This thread started a couple of years ago. Im not sure she is still around???a bunch of us made blocks for her (in exchange for her pattern), I believe she was doing something for a charity...cant remember, anyway none of use ever heard a word back after she got our blocks.

Peckish 03-15-2013 07:25 AM

Her last post was November of 2011, if I remember right that was about the same time the QB changed format. Maybe she was one of those who didn't like the change and never came back.

amyjo 03-15-2013 09:27 AM

I got that pattern yet somewheres in my STUFF.

fromzstore 03-16-2013 05:11 AM

would love the pattern also also if you like paper piecing check out carol doak she has alot of beautiful pp patterns that are free

BuzzinBumble 03-27-2014 10:36 AM

Oh that's a beautiful block Sherryl! I would never have figured out how it is done without your tutorial -thanks for putting all the work into it!

diamondee 04-06-2014 12:03 PM

​Luv that. Thank you!

#1piecemaker 04-08-2014 05:06 AM

Thanks so much for explaining this so well. I didn't get the pattern from you but it helped me to understand the basic concepts of paper piecing as we have no classes available to us in this part of the world.

stitchquick 04-09-2014 05:16 AM

sherryl I need the pattern of paper pieces

MamaHen 04-09-2014 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by candlequilter (Post 6665569)
Thank you everyone for your comments on the tutorial I did. Yes, I am still around - just wasn't much on the site. I have made 4 charity quilts from the blocks I received so far. I was a little disappointed as I only received about 20% of the blocks promised but I did make 3 red, white and blue quilts and 1 floral one for charities. I will have to go back thru my pictures to find them so I can post them so everyone can see how they turned out. I do still have the quilt block pattern for sale if anyone is interested.

Thanks again,

Please do find & post pictures of the quilts you made from the blocks we donated to you. I think that many were intimidated & unable to complete the block & felt theirs was not good enough to send to you. We all do appreciate you giving us the pattern long ago, it is a beautiful block & I Have mine mounted on a 12 x 12 artist panel, it is hanging on my wall. I myself found the block challenging but that is what I like, the challenge. I will look forward to the quilt pictures & try to remember & find the one I sent to you. Thanks again, Mamahen.

candlequilter 04-09-2014 09:32 AM

I have found a couple of pictures but am having difficulty posting them. The format has changed quite a bit since I was on here more frequently. If I can figure out how to get the pictures posted here I will. Thanks.