Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/machine-stitched-cathedral-window-tutorial-t35742.html)

laadw 02-01-2010 08:41 PM

That was great. I always wanted to know how this was done. Great tutorial.

Sheila Elaine 02-01-2010 09:19 PM

Thanks Eddie. Couple years ago, a neighbor kept saying she'd come teach me how to do CWs, but didn't come. I went online, found a site (can't recall where) & started a CW that I didn't finish. My DGS wanted a pillow, so I used what I'd done to make one for him & he loved to hug it. I was using muslin & scraps, but your batiks are so classy. You really stretch outside the box.

Glad you've done this for us & it may be on my To-Do-List soon. When you retire from work, you can start making videos & do your own quilting show like the ones I see on PBS (Public Broadcasting) on Sat afternoons. Have you seen Ricky Tims & Alex Anderson. I'm sure folks here know who they are. I can see you & Melissa doing that kind of show.

tigger5464 02-01-2010 10:14 PM

Awesome as usual Eddie!!! I didn't think I could understand how to do this one by the directions I had found :( I'm so happy that you have made this super easy to understand. Thank You so much!!! It will be on my "to do list" also. Thank you :D

Charlee 02-01-2010 10:29 PM

Thanks Eddie! :)

My mom made me an apron back in the 80's using CW as the bib and a border on the bottom...I love that thing, and have always wanted to make one...maybe after I get my Stickle quilt done!

grandma1 02-01-2010 10:30 PM

thank you for doing the tutorial, I didn't expect it this soon. you have done an excellent job very worthy of being praised, and believe me you are. post finished pictures when finished with quilt. THANK YOU :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

k3n 02-02-2010 12:05 AM

Brilliant Eddie! I've been googling around for different tutes and THIS is the clearest and most nonsense free! So guess which one I'll be using. ?! ;) :D

Quilt Mom 02-02-2010 01:15 AM

Thanks for the tutorial. It explains the process very clearly, and makes it appear easy enough for even me! I will give it a try...soon.

katier825 02-02-2010 02:11 AM

Thanks for taking the time to do this tutorial, Eddie! I never really understood the method of construction before. It makes sense to me now! :)

mar32428 02-02-2010 05:54 AM

My sincere thanks, Eddie. I have tried the CW several times but just never "got it". Then there was the hand sewing which I avoid like the plague. Your tutorial is awesome. The pics are clear and the explainations are simple and no hand sewing. I've always wanted to do one and now I will without fear of goofing it.

Tadpole 02-02-2010 06:14 AM

Love this tutorial Eddie! It is so easy to follow and as a beginner I need easy. I have seen pictures of the CW quilts and have always thought that they were so beautiful but had to be so hard to make. Not so with your directions. Thank you for making it so easy! Please keep making these tutorials.