Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/machine-stitched-cathedral-window-tutorial-t35742.html)

Charito 04-01-2010 04:23 PM

:lol: What an amazing idea and thank you very much for sharing. I am new to quilting and saw the Cathedral Windows in a magazine and wanted to make one for me. I was afraid that it takes a lot of hand sewing and have been agonizing if I should invest the time and money and waste all of it if I cannot finish it. You can imagine my surprise to find your tutorial on the CW. Thank you very much and now I have more confidence that I can make one and finish it. BTW, the batik background is beautiful. I would incorporate that idea also when I make my quilt. Thank you again very much.

amandasgramma 04-08-2010 07:23 AM

GREAT tutorial!!!! That's next on my to-do list, too!

ChristinaQltnKY 04-09-2010 03:48 AM

Eddie, This is gorgeous and I love Batiks. I can't wait to start it - that is after I finish the other 3 quilts I'm working on. Your'e instructions are fantastic. Happy quilting!!

vivsqt 04-09-2010 06:55 AM

Thankyou, I was looking online last week for really good instructions on making a Cathedral Window quilt. I love the great instructions and pictures. Great job!

Toto's Mom 04-09-2010 07:22 AM

Thanks for the positive comments. I will post another photo when I get it finished.

sdeaaz 04-10-2010 02:08 PM

Ok, love the tutorial.... I am trying to hand sew mine, Eddie, so don't know if it matters. do you press the seam created by sewing the ends together... I just have so much bulk at my points... I was not overlapping... that will help, I was trying to meet the points and whip stitch them. Quilter 1234

Eddie 04-12-2010 05:05 AM

Originally Posted by quilter 1234
Ok, love the tutorial.... I am trying to hand sew mine, Eddie, so don't know if it matters. do you press the seam created by sewing the ends together... I just have so much bulk at my points... I was not overlapping... that will help, I was trying to meet the points and whip stitch them. Quilter 1234

Do you mean the side of each block where I sewed the blocks to each other? They were already pressed there and I used the fold line as a guide for sewing the blocks together. Where are you having a problem with bulk? Is it in the corners where you're tacking them down into the center?

Faye Wicker 04-12-2010 10:43 PM

Hi Eddie, new here. great tut. can I print this out, if so
how? I figure in a months time tut will be gone and where
would I be.

Eddie 04-13-2010 04:51 AM

Originally Posted by Faye Wicker
Hi Eddie, new here. great tut. can I print this out, if so
how? I figure in a months time tut will be gone and where
would I be.

You should be able to just go to File, Print from your Internet browser and print each page of the thread that way. Once you get page 1 all printed, then go to page 2, etc.

Faye Wicker 04-13-2010 11:55 AM

Thanks, will give it a go. must have missed heaps while I
was browsing. too busy looking at pics. Looking forward to
giving this a go. Did have a lesson some time ago, but your
instructions look clearer. have a good day.