Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/machine-stitched-cathedral-window-tutorial-t35742.html)

Jean Judson 03-18-2010 09:05 AM

I made a one row sample of this and I LOVE IT! IT is very easy and quick. But if I do a whole quilt I will have to be very careful to be very accurate. Thanks for a great tutorial.

Toto's Mom 03-19-2010 10:02 PM

Thanks so much for this very clear tutorial. I had done these about 25 years ago, and by hand, and long ago lost my directions.
You have inspired me to give it a shot again, this time on the sewing machine. I have my stash ready to go for tomorrow, and since N. Texas is in line again for snow, after 70's today, I plan to spend the day quilting. Will post pics when I get done.

Feathers 03-20-2010 08:05 AM

Eddie: Thank you for the great tut. You make it look so easy. Guess I'll give it a try to see if really is. :lol: I tried to teach myself this block construction a few years ago and decided it was not to be but I love it so much I really would like to make a quilt using this block and your technique does appear easy. I'm visual so the pictures realllllly help for me. Thank you.

craftybear 03-26-2010 11:25 PM

Awesome tutorial, now I will put that on my to do list!

HOLLYHOCK 03-28-2010 06:50 PM

WOW, I love it! I'm gonna have to do this one!! Thanks Eddie.

Toto's Mom 03-31-2010 07:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
OK, I am doing a lap quilt with this tutorial, and this is as far as I have gotten, but I am having fun with this.
A non-quilting friend was watching me do it, and she couldn't get the gist of it. So, I explained it in terms she could get.
I told her this is a magical way to turn several yards of fabric into an 18 inch strip.
Eddie, I have to thank you again for being so crystal clear in your directions.

Cathedral Window
[ATTACH=CONFIG]38773[/ATTACH]

Feathers 03-31-2010 09:09 AM

Originally Posted by Toto's Mom
OK, I am doing a lap quilt with this tutorial, and this is as far as I have gotten, but I am having fun with this.
A non-quilting friend was watching me do it, and she couldn't get the gist of it. So, I explained it in terms she could get.
I told her this is a magical way to turn several yards of fabric into an 18 inch strip.

Oh! Love the brilliant jewel colors you chose and the black really does set the whole thing off. What a great work of art. Thanks for sharing.

Shemjo 03-31-2010 10:02 AM

Great CW Toto's Mom! Love it in black!

Eddie 03-31-2010 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Toto's Mom

It's beautiful! Great job!

dizzy 03-31-2010 08:46 PM

I like the way your doing this i'm going to sew my butterflys togeter here after i get off an show them to you'll see how you like them.But I think this is assum