Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Machine Stitched Cathedral Window Tutorial (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/machine-stitched-cathedral-window-tutorial-t35742.html)

Eddie 02-28-2010 03:29 PM

For the triangles around the edge, you just leave those loose so that you can add more rows. When you finally get it as large as you want, then you tack those down and can leave it like that, or roll the edges and put a window glass right up to the edge as well.

brwnntwn 03-03-2010 01:41 PM

Originally Posted by Whernandez
Hi Eddie,

I'm loving this tutorial, but i'm having a hard time understanding Step 28. Where you roll the green fabric onto the Yellowish fabric and it makes the "arc". Can you explain that a little more? I'm not sure which fabric it is that makes that half circle/arc look? Thanks in advance!

Wanda

I, too, was wondering where the "curve" came from!

MaryAnn 03-04-2010 06:39 PM

Thanks Eddie! My mother made a CW pillow she always said she would teach me to make one but she passedaway before she was able to teach me, you don't know how much this means to me. I just hope I can do it, your directions are really great! If I have trouble can I ask you for help? Thanks

Eddie 03-04-2010 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnn
Thanks Eddie! My mother made a CW pillow she always said she would teach me to make one but she passedaway before she was able to teach me, you don't know how much this means to me. I just hope I can do it, your directions are really great! If I have trouble can I ask you for help? Thanks

Sure, ask away!

MaryAnn 03-05-2010 03:20 PM

Thanks Eddie,can't wait to but some fabric I need enough for a double standard bed have no idea how much to buy ! Is cotton the right material ? I can't wait to get started but I am nervous too.

Eddie 03-05-2010 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by MaryAnn
Thanks Eddie,can't wait to but some fabric I need enough for a double standard bed have no idea how much to buy ! Is cotton the right material ? I can't wait to get started but I am nervous too.

Yes, I'd use cotton by all means. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

Pamela Artman 03-05-2010 05:54 PM

You made this easy to understand! Thanks for giving such clear directions with pics! Maybe someday...

needles47 03-06-2010 08:38 PM

Well Eddie, another tute well done as all your work is. i have done a quilt with the cw's and I thought the tute was excellant. Now will you show us how the secret garden is done with the windows. I think all of us would love to see it. When you get time. Thanks again Joanne

Maggiesmom 03-14-2010 07:37 AM

I'm a little late in saying thank you for this and all th other great tutorials. It seems so easy with your pictures, Good work.

in2stitchin 03-16-2010 09:58 PM

Thanks Eddie. I made a small one of these about 33 years ago using directions from an old magazine. There was some hand stitching. But more so, the technique of joining the blocks was primative and so my lil quilt was then designated as the "birth~quilt". Many kitties and puppies were born on this quilt.

With your Tute, I think perhaps I will try to make a treasure.

Thanks