Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   My Carpenter's Star Pattern (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/my-carpenters-star-pattern-t38408.html)

danmar 03-02-2010 01:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody! I got several requests for the pattern for my Carpenter's Star so I am here to post it for everyone to enjoy!
It's really quite a simple block to make, especially after you make the first one. Don't get me wrong though, I said simple, Not "Fast"! LOL I have made about 125 of these blocks so far. It took me all day when I first started. Now it takes me between 3 1/2 and 4 hours to make One. The pattern is made completely out of squares and half squares. If you have any questions, Please don't hesitate to ask! I'd be more than happy to help anybody. I hope this Homemade Pattern is written so that people can understand it. If not, let me know and I will make it clearer.
NOTE: On the half square units, don't cut the squares into half squares until AFTER they are sewn. Mark your center line diagonally, sew together and then cut unit in two, to make 2 half square units. I hope that is what they are called anyways!
Here's the pattern and Please post pictures of your first blocks and projects you make so I can see. I love pictures!

Carpenter's Star----Page 1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27117[/ATTACH]

Carpenter's Star----Page 2
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27118[/ATTACH]

dakotamaid 03-02-2010 01:31 PM

Thank you for doing that! <<<<<HUG>>>>>

sharon b 03-02-2010 01:59 PM

Marjpf 03-02-2010 02:02 PM

Thanks for posting this. It is a beautiful pattern, and I have admired the quilts you have made with it.

Dora Taggart 03-02-2010 05:18 PM

Thank You so much for taking the time to make this great detail instruction.

Quilter7x 03-03-2010 03:56 AM

You were asking about my avatar. It is basically the same shape as yours, but with the colors laid out differently. Mine is called Center Stage put out by Pieced Tree. Look them up on the Internet, they sell their patterns there. You will love how this pattern goes together. I have a feeling it will help you make your Carpenter's Star blocks much faster! :D

mpeters1200 03-03-2010 05:43 PM

This is wonderful. I understood it just fine. I appreciate the visual aid too...sure makes my brain happy!

I can't wait to try this!

Ilovemydogs 03-04-2010 08:06 AM

Thanks for the pattern. At first glance it looks hard, but your pattern and directions simplify it! Your quilt and pillow were beautiful!

danmar 03-04-2010 08:29 AM

Originally Posted by Ilovemydogs
Thanks for the pattern. At first glance it looks hard, but your pattern and directions simplify it! Your quilt and pillow were beautiful!

Thank you so very much!

Penny 03-04-2010 08:36 AM

I was meant to find this post. I have a much larger finished size for the block. One big large block actually makes the quilt. I wanted to be able to make a smaller block first to see how my fabrics would go together. Thank you!