Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Printable Instructions for Easy Patchwork Jacket (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/printable-instructions-easy-patchwork-jacket-t58056.html)

quilter711 08-14-2010 04:37 PM

The instructions and pictures are great. I love the blue jacket! Can't wait to pick out the fabrics. You even made that easy!

Thanks a million,
Quilter711

Rosanna1951 08-19-2010 10:42 AM

This is a beautiful Jacket. Im going to give it a whirl. Thanks, Rosanna1951

dgmoby 10-30-2010 06:01 AM

Thank you for posting this! It's a great tutorial and I'm so happy that you got it into a PDF for us. Your jackets are beautiful! I can't wait to try one - have been wanting to make one for quite some time, but keept forgetting the steps :)

Thanks again!
Debbie in Austin

seweasy 11-01-2010 06:25 AM

Thanks so much for coming up with a great tutorial. I have two questions, I read where you mentioned being careful not to stretch the sweatshirt when sewing the pieces down. Would using a fusible interfacing help to keep the sweatshirt from stretching? Second, have you used any other fabrics than cotton? I got lucky enough to get swatches of silk from a drapery and upholstery store that was closing. I'd like to make a crazy patch jacket. Do you think the sweatshirt base idea would work?
Sorry that was three questions! Chris

UglyCook 11-01-2010 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by seweasy
Thanks so much for coming up with a great tutorial. I have two questions, I read where you mentioned being careful not to stretch the sweatshirt when sewing the pieces down. Would using a fusible interfacing help to keep the sweatshirt from stretching? Second, have you used any other fabrics than cotton? I got lucky enough to get swatches of silk from a drapery and upholstery store that was closing. I'd like to make a crazy patch jacket. Do you think the sweatshirt base idea would work?
Sorry that was three questions! Chris

If you are just careful, you shouldn't need any interfacing. I think that using mixed fabrics would make an awesome jacket! Just be careful about how you wash it.

Can't wait to see yours!

Julie

hoenignana 11-04-2010 05:45 AM

Thanks, I have lots of scraps and am excited to try this. Lyn

Tootsie 11-06-2010 08:21 PM

Wow! Thanks for the great project and taking the time to do the tutorial (and in printable form, no less!). Your jackets are absolutely wonderful.

Pickles 11-06-2010 10:25 PM

O Wow this is so awesome, thank you so much for this great Tut.. :D :thumbup:

Lucky Patsy's 11-06-2010 11:24 PM

Thank you!!! This is WONDERFUL! I have seen jackets like this and even have some fabric saved up to make one, but I had no idea how. Now I do!!! YAY!!!!

neece 11-20-2010 05:45 PM

Great jacket. However I need to learn how to do a download. I am seriously hunting for directions. Any suggestions are welcomed. :-D :-D