Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Rhonda's Electric Quilt Class - Week 2 - Block Work (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/rhondas-electric-quilt-class-week-2-block-work-t168115.html)

Rhonda 11-15-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 4682333)
Rhonda am trying to work on my quilt in EQ5, I am getting the following message when I try to set the block, and I don't have the slightest idea what it is talking about. Please help.

"Can't set drawing on base layer of quilt. (Use Layout Options to remove restrictions.) "

Thanks
Verna2197

It is telling you you need to click on layout 1. Layout 1 is your base layout. You have to be in layout 1 to set the blocks and work on them. The language they use is not real plain. I don't know why they can't use turn tool instead of rotate and block tool instead of set tool. that is how I think of them. It makes more sense to me!

And if they are going to call it a base layout why can't they call it that in the button so their words match up! Less confusing that way in my opinion.

jeanne307 11-15-2011 01:18 PM

Great Tutorial Rhonda. I am having a lot of fun playing around with this and learning how to use it. Thank you for taking the time to teach us all how to use this awesome software!!

jeanne307 11-15-2011 01:30 PM

Rhonda am trying to work on my quilt in EQ5, I am getting the following message when I try to set the block, and I don't have the slightest idea what it is talking about. Please help.

"Can't set drawing on base layer of quilt. (Use Layout Options to remove restrictions.) "

Thanks
Verna2197

Hi Verna... I was getting this same message and was on layer 1 and it still wouldn't work. This is what I did and haven't had anymore problems with it. In EQ5,
Go to File, click on Preferences, a box will pop up. Look at the tabs and click on Layout Options. You have several boxes that have check marks in them, uncheck the following boxes, Prevent motifs from being set on layer 1 and prevent uncolored drawing from being set on layer 1 then click OK and try it again. That should fix the problem. Hope this helps!! This is what worked for me on Tutorial 1.

verna2197 11-15-2011 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by jeanne307 (Post 4683413)

Hi Verna... I was getting this same message and was on layer 1 and it still wouldn't work. This is what I did and haven't had anymore problems with it. In EQ5,
Go to File, click on Preferences, a box will pop up. Look at the tabs and click on Layout Options. You have several boxes that have check marks in them, uncheck the following boxes, Prevent motifs from being set on layer 1 and prevent uncolored drawing from being set on layer 1 then click OK and try it again. That should fix the problem. Hope this helps!! This is what worked for me on Tutorial 1.

Thank you so much, It worked for me.

jeanne307 11-15-2011 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 4683505)
Thank you so much, It worked for me.

Glad it worked for you! Hopefully you wont have anymore problems.

verna2197 11-15-2011 02:27 PM

Lord I hope not but now my color is not coming thru with the blocks, so back to step 1! LOL

d.swindle 11-15-2011 05:15 PM

thanks for the help rhonda, I also tried tried what you told jeanne307 ,I had got the same message, it worked,
d.swindle

verna2197 11-15-2011 05:22 PM

Rhonda when you say the following, can you tell me where are we suppose to find the word NEW at?
I see Easy Draw but not really sure about New.

Then click on New - Easy Draw.

Thanks so much for all this help, it really is helping me.

Verna

Rhonda 11-15-2011 06:22 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by verna2197 (Post 4684083)
Rhonda when you say the following, can you tell me where are we suppose to find the word NEW at?
I see Easy Draw but not really sure about New.

Then click on New - Easy Draw.

Thanks so much for all this help, it really is helping me.

Verna

Sorry I should have said New Block

So click on:
Block
New Block slide over to- Easy Draw

[ATTACH=CONFIG]288038[/ATTACH]

verna2197 11-15-2011 06:50 PM

ok you must be talking about 6 or 7 cause EQ5 doesn't have that.