Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Tutorials (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/)
-   -   Super super easy tissue holder (https://www.quiltingboard.com/tutorials-f10/super-super-easy-tissue-holder-t107636.html)

Lindsey 11-24-2011 05:11 PM

I made 11 of these in about an hour.. They are so cute and easy to make.

Buzzy Bee 11-24-2011 05:40 PM

thank you,,,thank you for this idea.....i know what i'll be doing tomorrow in sewing room....and I think i am going to monogram them with first letter of their name on emb machine...!!!!!!

RUSewing 11-25-2011 02:34 PM

How Cute and Fast! TY, TY, TY

matraina 11-27-2011 05:24 PM

I have a question. Where can you get travel size tissues where the packaging is split down the middle? We can't find them around here anymore. They're all split at the top. Thanks. Would love to make these super cute, super quick tissue holder.

maddecker 12-02-2011 05:37 AM

tissue holders

Thank you so much! They really are easy, I made 6 yesterday in one hour. These will go into my drawer of gifts that I keep for unexpected situations. Madeline

TiltedEars 12-02-2011 07:11 AM

You know, I'm amazed at how such a seemingly simple item can really evoke some huge "wow" from the recipients. I received a thank you note from our school principal after I had one of the kids give her one after she had told me in an email that she had a rough morning at home. I mailed a black one to a friend with a sympathy card after her MIL died. She said that she's showing everyone & no one has seen them before. I found the tissue packs in the tissue aisle at WalMart. they have some "fancy" ones out now that won't work in these, but the old-fashioned ones still exist.

onaemtnest 12-03-2011 06:47 AM

Originally Posted by TiltedEars (Post 4743083)
You know, I'm amazed at how such a seemingly simple item can really evoke some huge "wow" from the recipients. I received a thank you note from our school principal after I had one of the kids give her one after she had told me in an email that she had a rough morning at home. I mailed a black one to a friend with a sympathy card after her MIL died. She said that she's showing everyone & no one has seen them before. I found the tissue packs in the tissue aisle at WalMart. they have some "fancy" ones out now that won't work in these, but the old-fashioned ones still exist.

What a great idea to put them in a card! Thanks for the suggestion, this will be in many of my cards now!

onaemtnest 12-03-2011 07:02 AM

Thank-you so much for the wonderful tutorial!!!! I decided to make these for all the ladies in the Bible studies I facilitate. THEN I decided that why just give them one made of Christmas fabric, they should have one to use after the holidays! So I've made 60, they are indeed fast. I'd cut the pieces, then I chain sewed all the pieces, then I chain pressed, then chained sewed the overcast and turned them while watching TV.

I found the packets of tissue that open at the top at our Dollar Tree...eight packs for a dollar. Even if you cannot find the slit at the top tissues, why couldn't you just make a little slit at the top yourself?

JanieH 12-03-2011 08:55 AM

Great gift idea! Thank you for re-posting the tutorial, which is fantastic!

AddieLou 12-17-2011 11:05 AM

Just made a bunch of these for stocking stuffers - so cute! Thanks for the tutorial.