Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Rhondas Bear's Paw Class - Quilt Block Lesson

Rhonda,
    Thank you so much for the 1 1/4 template I received today. I tried making the Bears Paw tonight and you all will laugh at me. I got so excited about making each one, and I had keychain on the brain....well I got all the blocks made and put them together and you know what? I forgot all about the sashing......lol But it's gonna be a keychain anyway!

Tammy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady with Thread
    Rhonda,
    Thank you so much for the 1 1/4 template I received today. I tried making the Bears Paw tonight and you all will laugh at me. I got so excited about making each one, and I had keychain on the brain....well I got all the blocks made and put them together and you know what? I forgot all about the sashing......lol But it's gonna be a keychain anyway!

Tammy
    So where's the picture Tammy???? Hmmmm??? LOL We haveta see the end product!!

Okay .....now you have to remember this is my First time try so go easy on me....lol
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady with Thread
    Okay .....now you have to remember this is my First time try so go easy on me....lol
    Tammy it is terrific!! I like your color combo. I have that fabric in the center. You did a great job. Thanks for posting your pic. I hope others will too!

for those who want to know I will be going alittle smaller for the bookmark. You can trim the HST to 3/4" or even 5/8" and go smaller. Because I leave the HST longer and don't cut it into a square you still have something to get ahold of. If anyone wants to practice on this I will be using it when I post the Bookmark on Dec 1st.

If you want to use the size of bear's paw we used in this first lesson when you make the bookmark that will work too. Your bookmark will just be a little bigger than mine.

Blog Entries
    Tammy, love your block! Who says you need sashing?

Blog Entries
    Tammy it makes me think of a sun with rays coming out of it! If it was yellow it would look like a square sun! LOL Just a bit of fantasy!

Finished my bear paw, I'll wait until next week to cut it down just so I know how I want to finish it for the check book. My DH really likes this and wants me to make a bigger one. I know he loves that dessert sand color, and if I can find it from the place I first bought it, I may just make him his own quilt.

Bear Paw for check book cover
    Name:  Attachment-131235.jpe
Views: 81
Size:  43.2 KB

Thank you Evie

Quote Originally Posted by Rhonda
    Tammy it makes me think of a sun with rays coming out of it! If it was yellow it would look like a square sun! LOL Just a bit of fantasy!
    I'm laughing over here. I will keep that yellow in mind...hehe I have started cutting out another one and this time I won't get so excited I forget my sashing. :)

Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    Finished my bear paw, I'll wait until next week to cut it down just so I know how I want to finish it for the check book. My DH really likes this and wants me to make a bigger one. I know he loves that dessert sand color, and if I can find it from the place I first bought it, I may just make him his own quilt.
    Katie that is Beautiful! I really like that. Great job!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast