Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3
Results 51 to 63 of 63

Thread: Rhondas Bear's Paw Class - Quilt Block Lesson

  1. #51
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    I know, you did this tut last Nov. But I saw the cutes little berry basket pattern and the berry's are really a bears paw, so had to come back to do the size we did for the check book. It might take a little bit of time because there are 4 baskets to do, and I have a bunch or other things I'm working on as well. But I sure am glad you had put this here, and that I did the checkbook cover when you did. Thanks Rhonda.
    I want to see it when you get it done!

  2. #52
    Super Member klgreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brewerton, NY
    Posts
    2,493
    Sure will. I just hope the cat leaves all these little pieces alone cause I'm ready for bed.

  3. #53
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    Sure will. I just hope the cat leaves all these little pieces alone cause I'm ready for bed.
    When I want to leave something laid out but don't want anything to happen to it I lay out my pattern on a sheet of copy paper and then lay another on top and staple around the edges. It will make a packet that can't lose your pieces. I started this because of my GDs. Now I can lay them aside and they won't get out of place.

  4. #54
    Super Member Rose_P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Dallas area, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,133
    Thanks, Rhonda. I love minis and have never made bear pays. It's on the list of inspirations now.

    I, too, have made lots of hst's with the bias edges with no trouble, but I do use quite a bit of starch before I cut.

  5. #55
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by Rose_P
    Thanks, Rhonda. I love minis and have never made bear pays. It's on the list of inspirations now.

    I, too, have made lots of hst's with the bias edges with no trouble, but I do use quite a bit of starch before I cut.
    I don't do large quilts so I have never had a problem with bias. But when I experimented with a 4" Boston Block I still didn't have a problem and I didnt' use any sizing. I guess I just never pay any attention to it.

  6. #56
    Super Member klgreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brewerton, NY
    Posts
    2,493
    Ok, here it is. A couple claws a tiny bit off. I had the blue fabrics, and I had just gotten this little weave fabric, it wasn't for this, but I thought it would look really cute as the basket fabric. Now I have one more quilt I have to put sashing on.....then I have to quilt all that I've done. About 12 things to quilt. I'm a glutten for punishment. But I love it.

    The basket squares are 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", total is 14"X14". I got the design from the internet, made it smaller and used Rhonda's cut down method for the Bear Paws.

    Beary Basket by Debbie Caffrey
    Name:  Attachment-218173.jpe
Views: 43
Size:  85.2 KB

  7. #57
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    51
    Quote Originally Posted by klgreene
    Ok, here it is. A couple claws a tiny bit off. I had the blue fabrics, and I had just gotten this little weave fabric, it wasn't for this, but I thought it would look really cute as the basket fabric. Now I have one more quilt I have to put sashing on.....then I have to quilt all that I've done. About 12 things to quilt. I'm a glutten for punishment. But I love it.

    The basket squares are 4 1/2" x 4 1/2", total is 14"X14". I got the design from the internet, made it smaller and used Rhonda's cut down method for the Bear Paws.
    That is really cute Katie! I love the look of it. That basket weave is just right for the baskets.

  8. #58
    Super Member jayelee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Chaumont NY
    Posts
    1,174
    I love it How adorable You did a nice job

  9. #59
    Super Member klgreene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Brewerton, NY
    Posts
    2,493
    Thanks, it was fun.

  10. #60
    Super Member sawsan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Jordan
    Posts
    1,688
    Blog Entries
    40
    Look at my first mini quilt lol. I mean block.
    It's 5 inches altogether with some scew :-( as i see
    i have a picture in mind to do a quilt from minies
    Attached Images Attached Images

  11. #61
    Power Poster Rhonda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Salem Iowa
    Posts
    15,409
    Blog Entries
    51
    Sawsan that is absolutely delightful!! You did a great job on it!! Can't wait to see your mini quilt!!

  12. #62
    tms
    tms is offline
    Junior Member tms's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    132
    Great tute! Rhonda you are terrific!

  13. #63
    Senior Member klarina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    891
    Beautiful!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.