Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Tutorials
Rhonda's Drunkard's Path Bookmark Class >

Rhonda's Drunkard's Path Bookmark Class

Rhonda's Drunkard's Path Bookmark Class

Old 03-14-2010, 05:01 PM
Power Poster

Thank you ddrobins1956. I love sharing and I have a friend who cuts the templates for me and doesn't charge me much for them! He only charges me 25 cents each for the 1 1/2" so there isn't as much involved as you might think.
Old 03-16-2010, 05:00 AM

Hi rhonda,
I sent you my address for the templates would like the rulaers also. I will see you on the 26th. Do i just sign in here and find you? First timer here.
Thanks
Susan
Old 03-16-2010, 05:55 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by witchypoo22
Hi rhonda,
I sent you my address for the templates would like the rulaers also. I will see you on the 26th. Do i just sign in here and find you? First timer here.
Thanks
Susan
Admin set up a section for us in the virtual section. The thread will be posted in the tutorial section and then I will add it to the Virtual Section. You will be able to go there and find all the threads pertaining to this class in one place. so you can look in tutorials for them or in the Workshops and Classes section in the Virtuals.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:49 AM

Hi Rhonda,
You've been so helpful to all of us, I thought I'd try to help you out. I found a 2" circle template online that students can print out. It's in .pdf format and when I printed mine, it's exact so we should be good to go. I've attached a copy for sharing.

vickig626

2 inch circle template
[ATTACH=CONFIG]12026[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Attachment-12026.pdf (57.3 KB, 166 views)
Old 03-16-2010, 07:05 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vickig626
Hi Rhonda,
You've been so helpful to all of us, I thought I'd try to help you out. I found a 2" circle template online that students can print out. It's in .pdf format and when I printed mine, it's exact so we should be good to go. I've attached a copy for sharing.

vickig626
that is so sweet of you to do Vickie thank you!!! I never thought of looking for something like that.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:08 AM

if I don't have to draw it, I don't....not my expertise. I also use this method when I need hexagon shapes...not fun to create at all. You're very welcome and I look forward to doing this class. As an afterthought, if we need to create a line through these circles, it would be wise to do this part BEFORE cutting them out. I'm just guessing but wanted to put that idea out there if needed.
Old 03-16-2010, 09:21 AM

Vicki Thanks for the template!
Old 03-16-2010, 09:25 AM

you're are very welcome. I try "hard" to make things "easy".
:lol:
Old 03-16-2010, 10:54 AM
Power Poster

if I don't have to draw it, I don't....not my expertise. I also use this method when I need hexagon shapes...not fun to create at all. You're very welcome and I look forward to doing this class. As an afterthought, if we need to create a line through these circles, it would be wise to do this part BEFORE cutting them out. I'm just guessing but wanted to put that idea out there if needed.
I've never used a line on them. Just cut with a rotary cutter. My only concern is when cutting minis the width of a line can make a differance in the accuracy. I guess I would want to test this before I recommend it.

You are going to cut after you sew the circle on so you will be cutting the circle and the background with a rotary cutter. If you use a pair of scissors and can cut accurately on the line then drawing a line might work ok. But I think it is an unnecassary step and might throw your accuracy off. I know the width of a pen line doesn't sound like much but when you are doing minis it can cause problems if you cut on the line or on the left edge of the line or on the rt edge of the line. Then your blocks will not meet as well when you go to sew them together.
Old 03-16-2010, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I've never used a line on them. Just cut with a rotary cutter. My only concern is when cutting minis the width of a line can make a differance in the accuracy. I guess I would want to test this before I recommend it.

You are going to cut after you sew the circle on so you will be cutting the circle and the background with a rotary cutter. If you use a pair of scissors and can cut accurately on the line then drawing a line might work ok. But I think it is an unnecassary step and might throw your accuracy off. I know the width of a pen line doesn't sound like much but when you are doing minis it can cause problems if you cut on the line or on the left edge of the line or on the rt edge of the line. Then your blocks will not meet as well when you go to sew them together.
Makes total sense that the line drawing could affect accuracy, especially with such small blocks.