Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Shadowbox Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by catmcclure
    You're welcome. This is a really good looking quilt block and really easy. Have fun.

Thank you, if it turns out well I'll try to post a picture!

Old fashioned= using scissors to cut out all the pieces. I am machine quilting it. But I decided to do it with smaller sections of batting so it wouldn't be as bulky to work with and now I'm adding the last section of batting to it. If I was doing it again, I would break up the top in sections to quilt as I go.

Quote Originally Posted by lenette
    Old fashioned= using scissors to cut out all the pieces. I am machine quilting it. But I decided to do it with smaller sections of batting so it wouldn't be as bulky to work with and now I'm adding the last section of batting to it. If I was doing it again, I would break up the top in sections to quilt as I go.
    Understand, that really was the way a lot of us learned how to cut fabrics, wasn't it? I remember my first project was cutting out 6" squares of fabric for a Christmas Tree Skirt using a cardboard template from a cereal box! We've certainly come a long way since those days!

Thank you for taking the time to post, I appreciate it. Would love to see pictures of your Shadowbox when it is complete!

My BFF made this quilt at our last retreat and it is BEAUTIFUL!

Quote Originally Posted by FabrikQueen
    Does anyone know where to locate a tutorial for the Shadowbox Quilt designed by Mountainpeek Creations? Directions sound confusing to me at this point...just need a little nudge to get started! Thanks!
    I just finished my first Attic Window Wall Hanging. I used this site for instructions. Very easy, and it turned out beautifully.
    http://www.stitchinmission.org/Stitc...structions.pdf

I just finished that quilt, queen size, sent it to my son and daughter in law. Sewing was much easier than planning and cutting, not very well written directions. However, does make a great looking piece.

oh my, that sounds so easy, even I can do that! (using the half square triangles in the corner)

As far as the mitered corner, you could use a half square triangle, or you could sew a small square to the bottom of one edge and sew on the diagonal of the square, folding it back over to give the triangle effect...both ways easier than the mitered corner approach!

http://www.straw.com/equilters/libra...ticwindow.html

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3