Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast

Thread: String Piecing on adding machine paper

I was in to Staples last week.
    A young lady in line before me purchased two packages of adding machine paper.
    I wasn't brave enough to ask her if she was Board member, but when I saw the rolls, I was sure thinking it! LOL

Oh, I would have asked. It would be nice to know someone close to where you live and have the same love of quilting.

i actually read about this somewhere a few yeaers ago...and now i am gonna go find those receipt rolls i have stashed somewhere. this is a great idea for using up all of those scraps i cant bear to throw out!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Caryn
    i actually read about this somewhere a few yeaers ago...and now i am gonna go find those receipt rolls i have stashed somewhere. this is a great idea for using up all of those scraps i cant bear to throw out!
    I think it was in 2000 that I came up with this

I LOVE THIS I also booked marked it and will try it very soon. I have strips from a dress factory I bought years ago and this will be perfect. i am also going to try to find some larger rolls of paper that i could try to make a larger one

Quote Originally Posted by memere9
    I LOVE THIS I also booked marked it and will try it very soon. I have strips from a dress factory I bought years ago and this will be perfect. i am also going to try to find some larger rolls of paper that i could try to make a larger one
    If you find them please let me know. I would love to make larger strings.
    I guess I could cut my own but way to much work.

Thank you for sharing this idea, especially the roll holder. So nice to sew a bit and come back to do more later. I'll be watching for rolls of paper at the flea markets.

BMP
    Blog Entries
    All I can say is WOW !!
    Where can I find the pic of the curtains mentioned a few pages back, sounds like something cute to hang in a sewing room.

I just asked hubby if he had tape at his office and I also need a old CD to use to trace for another project, he wanted to know what in the he** was I making now !! LOL

I think I will look into getting some shelf paper at the dollar store.Or having my husband cut a roll in half with a saw I will let you know if I try it. You know I just had another thought as I was writing this. I have made string quilts sewing onto old sheets. Now I have to buy new cheap one riped into blocks why couldn't I ripe them into strips? I'll see. When you use cloth though you have to do a lot of pressing.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by memere9
    I think I will look into getting some shelf paper at the dollar store.Or having my husband cut a roll in half with a saw I will let you know if I try it. You know I just had another thought as I was writing this. I have made string quilts sewing onto old sheets. Now I have to buy new cheap one riped into blocks why couldn't I ripe them into strips? I'll see. When you use cloth though you have to do a lot of pressing.
    Fax paper is @ 8" wide and you often can find it cheap at yard sales or thrift shops

Page 15 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5 14 15 16 25 ... LastLast