Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Fast Jelly-roll quilt

OK so I am a newby and have to ask "what is stipple"? Sooner or later I will learn some of these terms but until then, I will use this thread a my personl dictionary:)
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Pamala
    OK so I am a newby and have to ask "what is stipple"? Sooner or later I will learn some of these terms but until then, I will use this thread a my personl dictionary:)
    Thanks!
    A stipple refers to an all over pattern like the one I've pictured.
    Don't be afraid to ask. We quilters love to help!

Medium Stipple
    Name:  Attachment-74399.jpe
Views: 220
Size:  3.1 KB

Thank you for the quick reply. You guys are soooooooo smart! I love the way everyone jumps in and helps answer questions. Your the best!!!!!
    Thank you!

When I get them finished, be glad to submit a pic --- if I can figure out how - I'm a newby.

Thank you so much for this pattern!!!!! Great for charity quilts.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by omak
    My math must have been waaayyyy off! apologies. But, as long as you are happy and have solutions, it might not be so bad. Your idea of putting the four squares in the backing is very creative!
    OK - it's done - front and back, ready to go to long-arm. I will post pics tomorrow, hopefully the sun will be out. I was hoping to find sashing and backing in my stash but, darn, had to make a trip to store to find just the right material. Found it and it's ready to go. Found lots of other stuff too.

Had a good laugh today working on this one. Hubby was watching me measure, lay out fabric, lay out backing, measure, rearrange, measure, fold, measure, cut, layout, measure, cut, sew. He was trying to figure out what I was doing. "Making a quilt? Don't you just sew material together to make a quilt?" DUH - ya, sure. Were it that easy. Sure glad I took math classes in HS.

Quote Originally Posted by burnsk

Had a good laugh today working on this one. Hubby was watching me measure, lay out fabric, lay out backing, measure, rearrange, measure, fold, measure, cut, layout, measure, cut, sew. He was trying to figure out what I was doing. "Making a quilt? Don't you just sew material together to make a quilt?" DUH - ya, sure. Were it that easy. Sure glad I took math classes in HS.
    Spoken like a true "civilian" who thinks "woman's work" is "simple"! (on the other hand - - if he is asking questions, it could just be that you are about to gain a quilting partner!

:thumbup:

DJ
    - - math is FUN! LOL
    That's exactly what my DD said years ago as I was driving her home from school (5th grade). She is now working on her physics PhD!

I'm anxious to do one of these quilts!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    - - math is FUN! LOL
    That's exactly what my DD said years ago as I was driving her home from school (5th grade). She is now working on her physics PhD!

I'm anxious to do one of these quilts!
    It is a good pattern to get your feet wet - - sometimes, I am surprised at the math I did learn! Am also wondering what was wrong with those teachers to NOT use quilting for geometry? I know they tried to tell me that the "story" problems were designed to do that. HAH!
    They all seemed like trick questions to me! LOL and, I was never good with riddles

I love this idea ! Can't wait to try it. Thanks for sharing. :cry:

Page 22 of 60 FirstFirst ... 12 21 22 23 32 ... LastLast