Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Fast Jelly-roll quilt

Quote Originally Posted by AngieS
    Mine was a bomb! Don't know how I did it but it looks like pooh! LOL I'll have to show you a picture for you to believe what I've done! I've got basically 2 colors on 2/3's of the quilt and the other colors on the other section! :(
    JUST! Got an idea!
    If you haven't put a border on it yet - - stitch the last piece to the first piece (anyone for tube quilting??? ) ... anyway, after you have sewn the bottom strip to the top strip, find the section that will separate the lights into two - - then, you will have lights on the top and bottom, and the darks right in the middle where everyone might expect them!

Blog Entries
    AngieS - Have you seen the "Keep it simple" quilt pattern? I think it might solve your problem with your color arrangement. I will look for my instructions tomorrow and hopefully can find my quilt top, too.

I'm going to have to give this one a try.....someday. :|

Quote Originally Posted by omak
    Quote Originally Posted by AngieS
    Mine was a bomb! Don't know how I did it but it looks like pooh! LOL I'll have to show you a picture for you to believe what I've done! I've got basically 2 colors on 2/3's of the quilt and the other colors on the other section! :(
    JUST! Got an idea!
    If you haven't put a border on it yet - - stitch the last piece to the first piece (anyone for tube quilting??? ) ... anyway, after you have sewn the bottom strip to the top strip, find the section that will separate the lights into two - - then, you will have lights on the top and bottom, and the darks right in the middle where everyone might expect them!
    Omak - that sounds like a great solution...

Thank you .... credit it to the fine company we keep on the board

And if you don't have a jelly roll, you can cut your own 40 strips, each 2 1/2" wide by the width of the fabric.
    Let me calculate this: if you get 50 x 64 and it is 32 strips high (after each 2 1/2" strip gives up 1/2" to seams), by 50" wide.
    32 X 50 = 1600 -- Yup, it works!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by burnsk
    AngieS - Have you seen the "Keep it simple" quilt pattern? I think it might solve your problem with your color arrangement. I will look for my instructions tomorrow and hopefully can find my quilt top, too.
    Sorry - didn't have time to look for pattern today. BIL in hospital, ICU, end is close, and got a call for family to come. He is stable now but spent day at hosp. and got home late. Whether you can use the pattern or not it is a fun one and you might want to take a look. Would be a good one for a JR quilt. Will try tomorrow.

UMMMM, I'm really knew to this and you'll see with my question? I get the jelly-roll idea but what was the width of the strips? Maybe there is a standard width, which is?

Thanks,
    Mollie
    byt627@cox.net

Just fould new feedbacks and got my answer!!! Thanks!

Mollie

Quote Originally Posted by Mollie Cornwell
    UMMMM, I'm really knew to this and you'll see with my question? I get the jelly-roll idea but what was the width of the strips? Maybe there is a standard width, which is?

Thanks,
    Mollie
    byt627@cox.net
    The standard measurement for a jelly roll is 40 strips, 2.5" wide by width of fabric (WOF). The child size quilt that we have started making at our Project Linus sew-in was 20 strips, 3" wide by WOF. The yield was a quilt approximately 45 x 50 inches. The strips are vertical, though. Our coordinator found out that if you divide the body into thirds before stitching the last join (rather than simply folding in half) the strips will end up going horizontally. I don't have any pictures of these ... apologies

Page 42 of 60 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast