Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Tutorial - FMQ - Tension and Speed

Senior Member SlightlyOffQuilter's Avatar

Video Tutorial - FMQ - Tension and Speed

This video tutorial covers adjusting upper thread tension, hand and foot speed, and quilting on marked lines.

I am only offering my personal opinion on each topic and giving my personal opinion on the pros and cons of each method. I am not attempting to sell any individual product, nor am I paid to persuade you to use any specific product ( Anyone what would like to offer me large sums of money to do so can contact me thought *wink* )

If you ever see a quilt without any flaws, rest assured that I did not make it ! http://slightlyoffquilter.com

Thank you so much for these tutorials. You have touched upon many things that have been ignored by other tutorials on FMQ. I have just requested to follow your website.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Thank you for your reply ! I am not a professional by any means, I just have alot of ideas and thoughts LOL. This board has been such a great help to me in learning, I wanted to give back now that I felt I had something to offer in return !
    If you ever see a quilt without any flaws, rest assured that I did not make it ! http://slightlyoffquilter.com

I also am self taught and like your videos.
    Like you, I like different colored threads in the top and bottom.
    You have given me things to work on.
    Thank you.

no video, what happen? Thank you for your help, michele

Quote Originally Posted by emt2004 View Post
    no video, what happen? Thank you for your help, michele
    It might be your browser that is not letting you view it perhaps ? I am using Firefox and can see it fine.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! I do believe you've found "what you're supposed to be doing" -- and you do it so well. I love your easy going, natural approach to quilting so very much. I've got you running in the background while I do the sewing I need to do for my business (not quilting) and I feel like I have a wonderful knowledgeable friend visiting with me today.
    Krystyna
    Feel the fear and do it anyway!

Blog Entries
    Thanks you so much for taking the time to do this for us! Very well done and easy to understand. What I really appreciate is the fact that you take the time when doing the stitching to make sure we can follow along. I have watched many video tutorials on this and the biggest pet peeve is that the person is zooming along so fast I can't follow the design path.

This was video 3? Yikes, I need to go find lesson 1 and 2. I can imagine they are both just as great as this one. I will be bookmarking these. Thanks again!

Is there sound in your videos? I went to youtube to watch them, but no sound.
    :-)
    CAS

Quote Originally Posted by CAS49OR View Post
    Is there sound in your videos? I went to youtube to watch them, but no sound.
    Yes they all have sound with the video, both here and on YouTube. Perhaps your speakers are muted or came unplugged ?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast