Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Video Tutorial - Magicians 9 Patch

Senior Member SlightlyOffQuilter's Avatar

Video Tutorial - Magicians 9 Patch

I have had alot of interest in the Magicians 9 patch quilt that I posted in the Pictures section, Magicians 9 Patch about how I made this block that I decided to make a video tutorial for it ! This video goes from the very start to the very end on making the block !

If you are having trouble watching the video please
    To make the block with the same sizes I have in the video you will need the following :
    5 - 4.5 inch Color/Print Squares
    4 - 4.5 inch White/ Background Squares
    1 - 6.25 inch Color/Print Square
    4 - 6.25 White/Background Squares
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-04-2014 at 06:18 AM.
    I do not make mistakes in my quilts, sometimes God just decides to make an Alternative Design Decision ! http://slightlyoffquilter.com

Blog Entries
    Thanks SOQ for the very detailed and explicit Mag. 9 patch tutorial and video. I really enjoyed your video and plan to try this in the near future. So kind of you to take the time to do a video instead of just writing down some instructions.
    I like how you chain pieced ad kept them all together, great idea, now the blocks are really all together and no guessing, also it rally will help keep the seams in the right spot. I like to find out how others do speed quilting or short cuts. Thanks again for the video-Like your quilt.

enjoyed the tutorial. However, since I missed your original posting of a picture would have liked a quick look at it either at beginning or end of tutorial.

Nice tutorial very through.

Thank you for posting the video. You explained it very well. Hope to see you post more videos.

Senior Member SlightlyOffQuilter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mirish2 View Post
    enjoyed the tutorial. However, since I missed your original posting of a picture would have liked a quick look at it either at beginning or end of tutorial.
    Very good point, and one I will try and remember. I am still getting the hang of this tutorial thing haha ! But here is a picture of my finished quilt on this thread too so others will not have to go hunting !

The Front
    Name:  DSCN2608.jpg
Views: 3370
Size:  864.9 KB

The Back
    Name:  DSCN2614.jpg
Views: 3348
Size:  826.9 KB
    I do not make mistakes in my quilts, sometimes God just decides to make an Alternative Design Decision ! http://slightlyoffquilter.com

Sadly, my computer gave an error message: "Video could not be decoded".

Video informational but a little slow moving......I know if I tried cutting with my left hand, since I am right handed, there would not be a square... I prefer to cut right side, top....flip block half circle and reposition ruler and sliver cut, if necessary, the right and top again....only using same cutter...but, that is why we are individual with our processes and finished projects......

Thank you, I am better able to visualize how to make one. I am one that likes to see what I need to do before I start.

Blog Entries
    I can't view the video either. Is there someplace to get written instructions????
    Quote Originally Posted by LavenderBlue View Post
    Sadly, my computer gave an error message: "Video could not be decoded".

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast