Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: 301 short bed or long bed. Which is most useful to a quilter?

Blog Entries

301 short bed or long bed. Which is most useful to a quilter?

If I had to choose, which model 301 would be best for a quilter? Both can be found, but which is harder to find? Don

I am not sure there is one more useful than the other. Just one has a bit longer bed than the other. Which is what I have. I really think it is whatever you find at the price you want to pay. Can't really go wrong here.

Blog Entries
    Both are available. I just went shopping for one on ebay and there are quite a few. Found a long bed with lots of attachments that had been serviced and works for $179.00 plus shipping.

The short bed machine will fit in a cabinet and the long bed won't. I think that is the main difference unless you like the way one looks better than the other. My personal opinion is that you should have 1 in every color and bed size....
    ~~Cathy~~

Quote Originally Posted by annthreecats View Post
    Both are available. I just went shopping for one on ebay and there are quite a few. Found a long bed with lots of attachments that had been serviced and works for $179.00 plus shipping.
    Keep checking your local Craigslist. I have bought several from there (for under $50.00) and 2 of them came with cabinets. There really isn't hard about cleaning one up to use and then you wouldn't have to pay shipping costs. Most of the ads don't have the model or name of the machine they just usually say "antique Singer machine" but if you know what they look like you will know that it's a 301.
    Last edited by cabbagepatchkid; 11-05-2011 at 06:42 AM. Reason: adding info
    ~~Cathy~~