Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: American Sewing Machine Co

Blog Entries

American Sewing Machine Co

Can any one tell me about this machine? Made by The American Bottonhole Overseaming and Sewing Machine Co. 1850-1860's. It is rough and I don't know if I can save the machine or if it is worth saving. The irons are great and would make a nice table. I was able to post pictures. Thanks for any information.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 
    Last edited by QuilterGary; 06-11-2012 at 07:12 AM.
    You will get what you expect to get.

Blog Entries
    neat looking machine Gary! I won't have a chance until tomorrow, but I will check to see if there's any information on Needlebar for you then.
    One day, you'll only be a memory for some people. Do your best to be a good one.

http://charleeturner.blogspot.com

Blog Entries
    I found a manual for one on ISMACS but it is not the exact machine.

I can't help you at all but it is a great looking machine. Look forward to following the story.
    Lisa

Blog Entries

American Bottonhole overseaming and sewing machine co

Here is some more pictures of this machine. I would like to find some information on this machine. I looked at all of the pictures of ventage machines today and did not find any like it. I did see one that I thought was like it but a different brand name. I would like to know how it works because there is no bobbin that I can find and I have not been able to find a ser number.
    Attached Images Attached Images Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image  Click to view large image 

Blog Entries
    I wouldn't have the heart to use the irons for a table. I would clean up the machine and table then keep looking for the part needed. It has to be out there somewhere.....that's the challenge. It's beautiful. Good luck!