Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Another - spot the rare foot - picture

I've been watching a couple of Singer Penguin ebay listings over the last couple of weeks, both have lots of bids and gone for over $400. INSANE!!
    1939 Singer 221, 1926 Singer 15-88 treadle, 1980 Singer Starlet 496, 1947 Singer 201-3

Cathy, you're amazing..... educating us all.
    --- Jean

I'd rather spend money on my quilting hobby than the therapist.... I'm probably $$$ ahead.... and I'm happy!!

Sorry, I'm still confused about what this foot does. Please explain further...thanks.
    ~ Cindy

It's sort of a "general purpose" foot - the idea that you could leave it on your machine instead of changing between feet when you wanted to do different things. It never caught on, one reason why there are so few of them out there, and that makes it valuable because there are crazy people (like me) that just have to have ALL of the Singer feet . . . in no way is it "worth" that for usability, and most people agree that the individual feet work better.

They come up with like 17 different functions, but some are basically the same thing, just using different types of trim. The April1930 link shows many of the functions, and at the bottom has a couple of pictures of the instruction manual showing what Singer says it can do. Mostly variations of attaching trim, gathering, and small tucks. Nothing really fun like the embroidery attachments!
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments

Quote Originally Posted by Redsquirrel View Post
    I've been watching a couple of Singer Penguin ebay listings over the last couple of weeks, both have lots of bids and gone for over $400. INSANE!!
    Before the economy turned sour in 2008, you couldn't touch a Singer Penguin walking foot for less than $600.

I've got most of the fiddlies (feet, etc.) I want, except a Penguin. The economy dropped before I could find one. I'm not looking now, but maybe later...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amcatanzaro View Post
    http://www.april1930s.com/html/singe...e-o-matic.html

Looks like a single foot that does almost all of it Rodney.
    What a neat attachment!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2